Question about Washing Machines
I have model 110 24642300 top load Kenmore washer, ser#CR263815.I took the back off to repair and when trying to replace the back panel I can't get those 2 shiny metal clips to engage the back panel? what's the trick?
Actually the washer should have come apart by removing the outer casing while leaving the back in place on the frame. The following steps explain how to remove the casing and reinstall:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
To reinstall the washer case, follow these steps:
1. With the lid of the washer open, place grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side and reinsert the brass clips. Place the clip into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push it into the opening on top of the washer. It will snap back into to place.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
You may try going through these steps and make sure you have the back of the washer correctly in place on the frame prior to reinstalling the case. It may sound like a lot, but this is actually the proper (and easier) method.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2011 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
F then 1 flashes when there is a primary control
failure. Replace the machine control assembly. The part number for the control board is W1018966
it could be
purchased at your local appliance parts store or online
Aug 15, 2011 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Oct 20, 2010 | Kenmore 12502 Top Load Washer
Dec 30, 2009 | Kenmore 3.2 cu. ft. Plus Top Load Washer
Aug 30, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Jun 14, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Mar 29, 2009 | GE WBSE2090A Top Load Washer
Feb 03, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jan 08, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!