Question about Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Turn on the Epson Stylus CX8400 Series.
If a cartridge is low or expended, you see a message on the Epson Stylus CX8400 Series LCD display
screen. If a cartridge is expended, you must replace it to be able to
print. If a cartridge is low, you can continue printing until the
cartridge needs replacement.
If you’re replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the Epson Stylus CX8400 Series LCD display screen, press Setup, select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.
Open the scanner.
3. Open the cartridge cover.
4. Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children. 5. Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it four or five times. (Do not shake a cartridge after opening the package; ink may leak.)
6. Remove the cartridge from the package, but be careful not to touch the green chip on the cartridge.
7. Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the cartridge. Caution:
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
8. Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
9. Once you replace all the necessary cartridges, close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
10. Close the scanner.
11. Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes. When you see a completion message on the LCD display screen, ink charging is finished. Caution:
Never turn off the Epson Stylus CX8400 Series while ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.
If you see an ink replacement message on the LCD display screen, press OK and press down all the cartridges securely.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as the Epson Stylus CX8400 Series with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but care is needed to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area, and do not store the cartridge upside down.
If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.
got this from the Epson Site
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2011 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
May 24, 2010 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Mar 28, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 25, 2010 | Brother IntelliFax-2480C Fax
Jan 21, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Jun 23, 2009 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2400 Laser...
May 08, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Aug 05, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R320 InkJet Printer
Feb 09, 2008 | Dell 725 InkJet Printer
395 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!