Question about Mr. Coffee FTXSS23GTF Coffee Maker
I have lost the manual and need to clean my coffee machine. I was wondering how I use the self cleaning option
Have an FTX23 Mr. Coffee and lost manual. Want to use self-cleaning option but don't know what to do.
According to the manual for IS series Mr. Coffee for programmable models:
1. Prepare one batch of Mr. Coffee coffeemaker cleaner. Pour the mixture into the water reservoir. Remove the water filtration disk from the machine.
4 cups or 20 oz. of undiluted, white household vinegar may be used as a substitute for the cleaner.
2. Place an empty paper filter or permanent filter into the filter basket and close.
3. Place the empty decanter back in the unit, centered on the warmer plate.
4. Press SELECT button until the red CLEAN indicator light is illuminated. For your convenience the cleaning cycle is automatic. The entire cycle will take 45-60 min to complete. During the cleaning your coffeemaker will:
6. Fill the water reservoir with clean fresh water.
7. Place the empty decanter back on the coffeemaker, centered on the warmer plate.
8. Remove and discard the filter used during the cleaning cycle and replace it with a fresh paper filter. If a permanent filter was used during cleaning, remove it and rinse it thoroughly before replacing it in the filter basket.
9.Begin brewing and allow the full brew cycle to complete.
Repeat steps 6-9 one more time.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
Fill the reservoir up with cleaning solution or a mixture of water and vinegar. Hit the brew button until the red clean light turns on. It will brew approx 2-3 cups of solution, then pause for 30 mins, brew the rest and shut off. Whole process takes approx 45-60 mins and the coffeemaker will turn off when it is all the way done. The red light will stay on until the process is complete.
Posted on Jan 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2010 | Spidem Trevi Automatic Espresso Machine
Sep 20, 2009 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Sep 07, 2009 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Jun 24, 2009 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Dec 18, 2008 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker
Feb 03, 2008 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Mar 10, 2007 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Sep 16, 2013 | Mr. Coffee FTXSS23GTF Coffee Maker
6,974 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: