Question about Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Hi, follow the steps below to configure MR814 with your motorola surfboard:
1. Connect a Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that there is no direct connection between the modem and the computer (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections.
4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.0.1
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section.
5. Click Apply.
6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion with the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
Double check again your your Wan Connection is connect properly, usually it does. And also do not limit your internet connection on PC so that it cannot get obtain IP Address like (0.0.0.0) repair or reset again your internet connection on the Wireless Router.
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2012 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Mar 21, 2011 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Feb 07, 2011 | Arris SURFboard® SB5101 Cable Modem
Feb 10, 2010 | Arris SURFboard® SB5101 Cable Modem
Jul 29, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Jul 09, 2009 | Arris SURFboard® SB5101 Cable Modem
Jun 08, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
Apr 25, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Nov 22, 2008 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
3,018 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: