Question about Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
It will run off both AC adapter and either batteries. I have 2 batteries in the unit and both have around 5% left and both will power unit up. but does not charge.
This is usually a sign of a common problem with these laptops. Usually the power works but it will not power the batteries to charge them. If the power adapter is fine- you have a bad motherboard.
Posted on Nov 24, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2014 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Mar 19, 2012 | Dell PC Laptops
Jun 26, 2011 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
Feb 06, 2011 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Jan 20, 2011 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Nov 12, 2010 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Mar 17, 2010 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Jan 10, 2010 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Nov 02, 2009 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Oct 08, 2009 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!