Question about D-Link DP 300 (DP-300) Print Server
Dlink dp300 can not identify usb printer hp 1020
These print servers have a very limited range of printers they can detect. doesn't mean it won't work.
heres how i got my DP 301U to work with my HP1020 on 2 different workstations.
1. install printer locally via usb and test.
2. create a second printer as per the dlink manual creating a port. don't worry about the name as we will delete it.
3. once created go into the properties of the 2nd printer and change the port to something local - anything will do to free up the port.
4. go into the properties of the printer that was created in step 1. and change the port to that of the print server.
5. test print. should work fine.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2013 | D-Link Dpr-1020
Aug 05, 2011 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Feb 01, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Jan 03, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Apr 13, 2009 | D-Link DP 301U (DP-301U) Print Server
Feb 05, 2009 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 26, 2007 | D-Link DP-300U (DHDP300U) Print Server
May 05, 2017 | D-Link DP 300 (DP-300) Print Server
275 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: