An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: No output from my generator
There is no such thing as "remagnatized" thats horrible and stupid advice. Your engine once started turns an alternator, which that produces electricity. Check all wiring connections first, if everything looks okay, you may need to replace the alternator.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Maybe I am not understanding you correctly. Most motor homes and RV come standard with a shore power recepticle. Are you wanting to add two sources of power? If so, you will need to really rework your wiring on the inside of your RV. I have a generator on my motorhome and the generator plugs into the source recepticle when I want to run on generator, or I unplug to connect shore power.
Onan units have a breaker switch on them that has to be in the right position or you get no power. Can't tell you for sure where it is on the 4500 but on the 4000 RV series it is tucked in behind the on board start switch
Make an Umbilical recepticle adapter. Buy the recepticle install the recepticle in a 4" electrical BOX on a plate with two manufactured 3 prong power cords plugging into the 2 outlets and terminating at the new Box twist lock recepticle you made.
You dont say whether this is a newly developed problem or an unexpected one. Has it ever powered these items? If yes, then the unit needs to be checked out that it has not got bad brushes on the generators commutator.
1) check the wattage required to run each one. and compare it to the watts output of the Gen Set Microwaves are usually about 600-1000W and most generators of a portable nature are about 600W 25amps
A/C require a generator capable of 1KVA to power any decent size A/C other than a small window unit for a small caravan and certainly not a Mwave A/C at thye same time without showing signs of variant output( dimming)
Perhaps more information is needed here.
Please rate our help to keep the FREE service online++++Thanks for using FIXYA
Check the voltage with a meter in all the recepticles with your meter leads in the left and right slots on the plugs. Is that 184 volts AC there? If so, your gen has big problems with the voltage regulator. Let me know what you read. You can check the right slot of each plug to the round ground hole on the plug too, should be 120 volts there.
Hello, Has this generator been setting for awhile or was it in use when the power ever came back on? Have you tried to repolarize it? To do this , Shut off the generator and unplug any cords or wiring from unit. Take a electrical cord that has a plug on one end and seperate the wires on the other end of cord. Strip the ends of the wire back about half an inch on each seperated wire.Plug the Male end of the wire into one of the 110V recepticles. Connect one of the ends of the wire you stripped back to the positive side of a 12 volt battery. Now with the other end of the wire you stripped back touch it to the Negative side of the battery for 1 sec and remove it. Unplug the wire from the recepticle and battery. Fire up the Generator and check the voltage! This repolarizes the unit and fixes most non generating problems from Non use and back feeding! Hope that helped! Rick
plug in a electric drill into the generator. start the generator and let it idle. depress the trigger on the drill with the drill set in the forward position and by hand turn the drill in the opposite direction. it should excite the generator and start the drill
It could be a bad board but it sounds more like a bad set of brushes. If there is less than 1/4 inch of the brush (eihter one) left I'd replace both of them. I'd also check the diodes on the board with a DMM.
as a general rule ,only if your ac was a window unit. aka a 120 volt unit . all other acs use 240 volt. a 120 leg and a 120 2nd leg to equal 240, so there is really no common. what kills acs with a generator is the lack of watts and starting torque. an ac (3 ton) and up needs a generator of 10000 watts minimum to handle starting trque. they also need a hard start kit to boost starting voltage.for god sake someone reply and tell me what a good job i am doing!!!!!!!as in grade the response to your question.