Does the videos play well in Windows Media Player? If not, it deciates that there are not proper codec installed on your computer.Try to download and install some new codec from official: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/format/codecdownload.aspx
. Go for codec references at: http://www.codecguide.com/
If the video plays well, please try the following methods:
1. Put video files and the PowerPoint presentation in a same folder.
2. Re-insert these files to PowerPoint presentation.
Insert -> Hyperlink, choose the video file you want to insert, and then click ok. After do this, you can click the hyperlink to view the video when present the slide show.
1. Display the slide you want to insert video.
2. Click the View menu in the menu bar, and then choose Toolbars in its child menu, later Control Toolbox to let Control Toolbox displayed. Choose More Controls which seems like hammer.
3. In the succeeding dialog box, choose Shockwave Flash Object. Your cursor will change into a cross-hair - draw a rectangle anywhere on screen
4. Right click the inserted Shockwave Flash control, and then click Properties.
5. Click the Movie
property > type the full drive path
in the value column (the blank cell next to Movie), including the file name
(e.g. C:a.swf) or URL
6. To make the Flash play automatically when the slide is displayed, set the Playing property to True;
7. Finally close the Properties window and save your presentation.
Convert your PowerPoint presentation to Flash
use some third party presentation tools, PowerPoint to Flash converter
, for instance.
BTW, the link: http://www.playsforcertain.com/tutorial.htm
may help you.