Question about Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
I have a Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000, and have had it for a while. I only used it on my Windows Vista (laptop) and it worked fine. The Webcam was installed on the laptop until the laptop did not work anymore. Finally, it got fixed and then came back as a Vista, once again. The webcam did not work anymore, because it said ''USB Device not Recognized.'' I searched for new downloads, because what I thought was wrong was the download. I gave up, eventually.My laptop then got infected with viruses not too recently, and it had to get cleaned out, and this time, I asked for a Vista. It is now Vista again and I've found the download I downloaded before, and Have the ''Microsoft LifeCam'' driver. I open it and it says ''There is no camera connected to this computer.'' I then realize I didn't connect the webcam. I plugged it in and still, it doesn't work. Momentarily, a bubble pops up and says the USB device is not recognized. I'm not sure how I can get my computer to recognize it again. Help, please!
Follow the instructions below and it will work.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger (http://www.soft32.com/download_30.html ) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.” And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window. If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display: You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends.
After you get your camera installed properly, DO NOT unplug it from the USB port as it will cause
the drivers to be corrupt and render the camera unusable till reinstalled it properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You have to turn the outside ring on the camera and adjust it till it's clear. hold the camrea base and turn the outter ring it will move adust one direction then the other till you get a clear picture.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Mar 04, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Jan 07, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Nov 18, 2008 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Oct 19, 2008 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Jul 01, 2008 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Jun 27, 2008 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Apr 15, 2008 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
828 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!