Question about Nintendo Wii Console
I forgot my secret question and my password.
Go to http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp and enter your 8 digit confirmation number there. When you do so, make sure that whatever today's date is, your Wii is set to that date. (And select Today's date from one of the 3 possible choices.)
Posted on May 16, 2008
This also happened to me! Go to parental controls on the wii setting. When it asks for your pin press I forgot and then it will ask you you question also press I forgot. Then a screen will come up telling you your confirmation number. Now call Nintendo customer service and they will give you the Master key. Type the master key pin into the mast key box that will appear after the confirmation key notice will appear. Please let me know if you need any more help.
Posted on Dec 12, 2007
Forgot my pin n password,is there any reset buttons on the wii machine that will reset it back to factory settings??
Posted on Sep 07, 2008
Is the key different for every Wii?
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
Purchased a used wii but dont know the pin code can you help me
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
Hi their a need the master key to set my wii but its say sorry office closed ,
Posted on Jan 14, 2013
Thanks it works great The site really did get my Wiis master code unlocked
Posted on Aug 17, 2008
All you must do is go to the site above and click I Forgot for both boxes, type in the Confirmation number, and it will give you a master code that will reset the controls. I did it and it worked.
Posted on Jun 20, 2008
It is 2580
Posted on May 26, 2008
Its annoying they left me on hold for ages.
Parental control is so dumb!
Posted on May 05, 2008
Posted on Mar 12, 2008
ONly problem is they are not open in the evening time.
Posted on Dec 23, 2007
In your console enter to the parental control menu and try to change it, when asking for password then:
1. Click "I forgot" twice.
2. Go to http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp
3. Copy the inquiry code where it says "Confirmation Number:".
4. Select your "Current Date in your timezone:"
5. Push the "Get Reset Code" button and get your master code.
6. Try to change again the parental control and use the code provided, the code should work as I tested it many times.
NOTE1: the code generated in this page work as well for Wii and DSi consoles.
NOTE2: If it doesn't work the first time, try going to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ . Change the time/date on your DSI to match that of Tokyo, London, some other location etc and then try again.
Posted on Sep 23, 2010
SOURCE: forgot password for dvd parental
I had to mess with mine a little bit, but here is what I came up with.
1. Insert a DVD that you know will play without the need for parental control.
2. Play the movie like you were actually going to watch it.
3. Bring the movie to a "full stop" by either hitting O two (2) times or by bringing up the menu with SELECT and hit the stop button on the screen two (2) times. The following is an explanation: There are two versions of stop on the PS2. The first stop is more like pause only the screen will not have a picture. It will allow you to "stop" the movie and the resume when you are ready. The "full stop" that I mentioned means that you hit STOP a second time. If you hit play from here it will restart the movie entirely.
4. With the menu still up, look for the button directly above the PAUSE button that says SETUP and hit it.
5. If you go to the right two (2) times you will find the CUSTOM SETUP button. Hit it.
6. In this menu you will see the PARENTAL CONTROLS. This will light up in blue as long as the movie is in "FULL STOP." You will then move to the right and it will ask for your password.
7. Press SELECT and instead of saying enter password it will say delete password. Above this blue box will be numbers 0-9. Enter 7-4-4-4. The box should say password deleted and ask you to register a new password.
8. At this point you can enter anything you like, but I would advise using 0-0-0-0 that way if it asks again you can just press X four times and be done. However we are going to keep going and turn it off.
9. With a new password registered, move to where it says LEVEL and change this to off.
From this point forward you should be all set. For future reference, you can also go to http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/Manuals and using your SCPH number which will be found on the box or on the bottom of the Playstation itself you can find the manual to your machine and download it as a PDF for future use. I have also checked different manuals for different units for both the standard and slim versions and the code 7-4-4-4 seems to be universal. I realize that these instructions are also kind of lengthy but I wanted to make sure you had a step-by-step guide to fix your problem. I also didn't want you seem like an arrogant **** and just give you the website and tell you to check the manual. I hope this helps solve your problem.
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
they can either use the password reset answer or contact xbox live via the phone.http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/contactus.aspx
Posted on May 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2012 | Nintendo Wii Black Console
Aug 19, 2011 | Dsi Video Game Consoles
In the System Settings Menu, go to the 3rd page, then select "PARENTAL CONTROLS."
Aug 01, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Jul 28, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Matte Blue Console
Jun 29, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Blue Console
Jun 28, 2011 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles
Nov 27, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Oct 07, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Apr 22, 2008 | Nintendo Wii Console
Nov 22, 2007 | Nintendo Wii Console
11,066 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!