High DPC Latency
what Zd8000 is this, full model name on the service tag.
pC come in submodels, mine has 6 processor choices, ram size and video GPU chips,. offered on one submodel.
we cant guess what PC you have, nor its upgrades
nor what OS you are running. NOW, nor what it came with new.
id bet it's infected , run ESET, off line scanner yet, its FREE
If XP it for sure is INFECTED, as ALL are now. XP is dead now.
no support for 3 long years, and is a virus magnet.
and very very powerful.
and run full Malwarebytes, next.
if it ran before, and not now, it is infected.
or got tons of startup progs, loaded ,
what is the service tag data.
are you running the original HP software?
that means not upgraded to w10.
nor using MS disks to install OS , only HP works right or f11 key
lag. (tests that help prove what it might be)
- lags on playing C: test.wav file>
- lags playing C: test.mp3/?
- lags if you click test windows sounds, in CP + sound
- LAGS OFF DVD MOVIE?
- LAGS ONLY ON OLINE
- LAGS ON ms solitaire?
- lags on DVD loaded local games?
- lags only on steam games....
- lags only on live web games
- my guess is it lags from even just sounds. (even music online or off line, not just Video lag, as all on line videos can do.
- even my netflix lags on my TV with 200mbs/ fiber. (and has nothing to do with my systems, its the internet or netflix caused.
The DPC spikes, my guess are software overload.
too many things running or
how many cores is your processor have?
i looked up on pc like yours,
it had and old Pentium 4.
ATI Mobility Radeon X600 with 256MB dedicated
are you on wifi or fast broad band, with ethernet direct connect./.
but this pc has no gigalan jack, oops, that be bad.
running XP are you>?
first try this on this old dog pc
in the start box. type, msconfig.
then see startup tab
then shut them all off for a test.
see if runs ok now.
why not show one example in detail that fails
show slow video link online. a youtube.
or better , name a game that runs slow or lags
nAME JUST ONE Thing,
tell where it resides.
1: HDD , folder. local.
2: CD/ or DVD drive.
3: online, games.
we cant guess what you do exactly so please say so.
what Id do with this pC
is give it to GOODWILL (tm) then walk over to the newer Laptops
and get one with w7 or newer
and WIN !