Question about Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright Steam Vacuum
Check the belts ( i would replace them even if they look good tho) if you have, and you still have the same problem the heater block is clogged you will need to take it into your local service center to have that problem fixed, i get 2-3 a week with the same problem. Good Luck!
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2014 | Vacuums
May 19, 2017 | Vacuums
Jan 15, 2013 | Vacuums
Apr 19, 2011 | Vacuums
Please check the following with liquid in both tanks.
- Check to see if the machine will spray through the hose with the setting on tools. If it does, the pump is fine. Continue troubleshooting.
- Check for debris on spray tips. Clean them with a soft brush (on old tooth brush works well). The spray tips may be lifted out for easier access.
- Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
- Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly. Depress the x on this gasket to ensure this depresses and release back out. Liquid from the tank should dispense.
- Remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
If these suggestions do not resolve your issue, contact BISSELL Consumer Services.
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Sep 27, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jun 17, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Jul 22, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jun 07, 2009 | Eureka Atlantis 2590A Wet/Dry Vacuum
Jun 06, 2009 | Bissell 7920 ProHeat Pro-Tech Upright...
Sep 11, 2008 | Bissell SpotBot Robotic Wet/Dry Vacuum
500 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!