Question about Dell Axim X3 Pocket PC
I need to change the language from French to English, how can I do this?
1. Download Axim X3 English (A01) setup, link from here --> http://www.slipstreamsolutions.co.uk...dates.htm#Dell
2. run the setup and make a backup ROM of youre x3, save someplace handy. I now have a file named A01-10240300GE.RIS
3. Run setup again, try to upgrade, get an error message - wrong language, etc but in that DELL folder, you now have a file named, in my case, P16R_A04080402EN.IMG
4. Open with a hex editor A01-10240300GE.RIS and copy all lines from 00 to 07
5. Open with a hex editor P16R_A04080402EN.IMG, select all lines from 00 to 07 and paste there the 7 lines from the first file, save with any name WITH .ris EXTENTION!
6. Run setup again, choose backup/restore and point to the modified .ris file. Now you have the same thing in that window, up and down side.
Do like a normal backup, DO NOT TOUCH THE PDA, THE PROCESS CAN TAKE UP TO 12 MINUTES!
The PDA restarts itself and, voila, you have axim x3 with a new language.
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2012 | Nokia 6100
Sep 21, 2011 | Nokia X3 Cell Phone
Feb 07, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Dec 18, 2010 | Samsung Star GT-S5233 Cell Phone
Oct 17, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 01, 2010 | Nokia E71 Smartphone
Jul 09, 2010 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
Dec 28, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Oct 14, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Dec 16, 2012 | Dell Axim X3 Pocket PC
1,180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!