Question about Dell Axim X3 Pocket PC
I need to change the language from French to English, how can I do this?
1. Download Axim X3 English (A01) setup, link from here --> http://www.slipstreamsolutions.co.uk...dates.htm#Dell
2. run the setup and make a backup ROM of youre x3, save someplace handy. I now have a file named A01-10240300GE.RIS
3. Run setup again, try to upgrade, get an error message - wrong language, etc but in that DELL folder, you now have a file named, in my case, P16R_A04080402EN.IMG
4. Open with a hex editor A01-10240300GE.RIS and copy all lines from 00 to 07
5. Open with a hex editor P16R_A04080402EN.IMG, select all lines from 00 to 07 and paste there the 7 lines from the first file, save with any name WITH .ris EXTENTION!
6. Run setup again, choose backup/restore and point to the modified .ris file. Now you have the same thing in that window, up and down side.
Do like a normal backup, DO NOT TOUCH THE PDA, THE PROCESS CAN TAKE UP TO 12 MINUTES!
The PDA restarts itself and, voila, you have axim x3 with a new language.
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2012 | Nokia 6100
Sep 21, 2011 | Nokia X3 Cell Phone
Feb 07, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Dec 18, 2010 | Samsung Star GT-S5233 Cell Phone
Oct 17, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 01, 2010 | Nokia E71 Smartphone
Jul 09, 2010 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
Dec 28, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Oct 14, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Dec 16, 2012 | Dell Axim X3 Pocket PC
1,515 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!