Question about Motorola Radio Communications
I work for a hotel and we have about 6, Motorola 2 way radios that have recently all started experiencing problems. When charging the red light blinks and they sometimes start to beep a bunch. I have replaced all of the batteries and this did nothing. Maybe it is the chargers? I don't know because they all started acting up around the same time, but they each have their own charger. What could this be?
Here are some things to check:
1) Clean your battery contacts with a pencil eraser. (Both on the radio and charger)
2) Check the date code of the "new" batteries and see if they are less than 2 years old. (3-digit number usually with the first number being the year, the next two the week of the year. ex: 927 would be 2009 the 27th week)
3) The radios must be turned off when on the charger.
4) If using drop-in chargers try charging the battery alone in the charger.
5) Are all the chargers lights blinking? This can be a sign of a bad charger, shorted battery or wrong battery. You mentioned recently replacing them, are they the same chemistry as the previous batteries?
You did not mention the type of radio, so we cannot be more specific in our troubleshooting, but this should get you started. The beeping you are experiencing is most-likely the low battery beep. Your batteries are not getting charged. The above questions should help you narrow down the problem. If you need more assistance post another question and we'll try to help further.
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2012 | Motorola AXU4100 (10 Channels) 2-Way Radio
Jul 28, 2017 | Motorola SX600R Two Way Radio
Nov 12, 2009 | Motorola Walkie Talkie 2-Way Radio
Sep 23, 2009 | Motorola Walkie Talkie 2-Way Radio
Jun 25, 2009 | Motorola Mobility SLVR L7 Cellular Phone
Dec 13, 2008 | Motorola MU21CV (1 Channel) 2-Way Radio
Dec 09, 2008 | 2004 Toyota Corolla
Dec 28, 2007 | Motorola Canopy 5.2 GHz Wireless Access...
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!