I installed sims 2 open for business expansion pack and it will not play. when i click the open for business icon, a pop-up will appear as "please ensure the sims 2 openfor business disc is in the drive,selct ok and restart application.i also inserted the disc and nothing happens
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: wrong disc??how can i solve it??
Try uninstalling the orignal and expansion pack. If you have any other expansion packs uninstall them aswell. Install it all from scratch. If the problem doesnt subside, check your System Requirements, it may be that your computer doesnt support the data from Sims2.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Many have been having an issue when installing the SIMS2 PETS expansion pack (EP) and Glamour Life EP. The best way to resolve this is:
1. BACK UP your game folder first (usually: users + your folder + Documents + EA Games). You want to back up the EA folder.
2. Download (do not install yet) the SIMS2 COMBO UPDATE patch at http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18988
3. If you have already had the issue (which you probably did, otherwise you would not be reading this), delete your SIMS 2 folder from the HD and the EA games folder from the location mentioned above. Yes, I know, it is painful but you saved what you needed, so stay with me.
4. Reinstall your SIMS 2 game (the base game). Run it and make sure it works fine. This will create a new EA Games folder where the old one was.
5. Now install the PETS expansion pack. If you want, start it to make sure it works fine. All should be OK.
6. Now run the Combo pack. It will scan your HD to find the SIMS folder and what you need. A window will open allowing you to select the install. Do it and install it. If you click the arrow next to the installer options you will see there are patches for all the EP's, but they will be grayed except for the one you need.
7. Install your next expansion pack and run the combo patch installer again, now selecting the appropriate pack to patch. Again, all others will be grayed except for the one you need.
8. Keep doing this with every expansion you install thereafter. What the patch does is it updates each expansion pack to make sure it works by solving issues that came up after the release and will update everything up to December 2007.
9. After you are done, copy your original saved EA Games folder back into the location you had it. You will need to hit 'replace' as SIMS will have installed a new EA Games folder in its place. It is OK, this is all your games saved data.
10. Start SIMS2 and go look for your saved game!
Usually you play the sims with expansions by using the game disk of the last expansion you installed. Superstar definitely is supposed to have 2 disks and disk 1 is probably the one you need. I know eBay has several full copies for sale under $5 including shipping. Amazon does too.
You have to have the disc in your cd/dvd drive to play the game. the game will not play without the disc. If you have any expansion packs installed you need to use the latest expansion disc. For instance, I have Free Time but not Apartment Life so I must have the Free Time disc in the drive to play the Sims 2, not the Sims 2 disc.
I think university is the first or second expansion pack. I know there are issues if the expansions are not installed in order of their release. if you have say, seasons or freetime and then install university, it may not run correctly. You have to uninstall the packs or the game and re-install them in correct order. Yes, it's a big pain but I had to do it twice.
Install the SIMS2, or double deluxe whatever you have then follow this order with exception of say nightlife if you have have double deluxe because it comes with the original game.
The Sims 2" Expansion Pack Order
"The Sims 2 University"
"The Sims 2 Nightlife" included in double deluxe
"The Sims 2 Holiday Party Pack" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Open for Business"
"The Sims 2 Family Fun" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Glamour Life" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Pets"
"The Sims 2 Happy Holiday" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Seasons"
"The Sims 2 Celebration" (A Stuff Pack) also in double deluxe
"The Sims 2 H&M" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Bon Voyage"
"The Sims 2 Teen Style" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Free Time"
"The Sims 2 Kitchen and Bath Interior Design" (A Stuff Pack)
Make sure there is no sims 2 content on your hard drive. if there are any EA folders on your comouter either in program files or in "my documents" delete them. Then try installing Double Deluxe again. Then you can install pets.
Pets is an expansion pack for the Sims 2 base game. Other expansion packs are University, Seasons, Free Time, Bon Voyage.Open for buisiness and Apartment Life...If you plan to get other expansion packs you should install them in order of their release to avoid future problems. Nightlife expansion is included with Double Deluxe.
A simple google search for sims 2 expansion packs will show you the correct order to install and descriptions of each pack and what they add to the game. Seasons lets your sims go fishing for example. They can cook the fish they catch, and also plant gardens, and experience the changing seasons from summer to winter.
The above site is the order of the expansions. Keep in mind, it starts at the top and goes down (oldest at top, newest at bottom). You must use the latest most expansion pack's disc to play. That means, if the last expansion pack you have is "Seasons", you will need to use that disc to play the game.
Due to copyright laws, I'll be unable to assist you in how to play the game without the need of the discs but in essence, the above information will at least get the game installed with the expansions in the proper order. You and your friend may just be unable to play the game at the same time.