Code to retrieve messages
Here are the instructions you need to follow:
If you want to be able to play your messages from a remote location, you need to enter a two-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) code (01-99).
To select a PIN, perform the following steps:
1) With the phone in standby, press [menu/clock] twice.
The system announces "Security code," and the current PIN code is announced as it is displayed on the base.
Then the system announces the instructions for setting the PIN code.
2) Press [volume/select/ ] or [volume/select/ ] until the desired number appears.
3) Press [set] to select the PIN code. You hear a confirmation tone, then the announcement "Security code" followed by the new PIN code is announced. After a few seconds, the system announces "To set ring time, press menu again."
Note: The PIN code is set to "80" at the factory.
When you are away from home, you can operate your answering machine with any touch-tone telephone. Use this function to check for recorded messages, to play or delete messages, even record a new greeting message.
1) Call your telephone number.
2) During the greeting message, press  and enter your PIN code
3) The answering machine announces the current time and the number of messages stored in memory. Then you hear "To play incoming message, press zero two. For help, press one zero."
4) You may continue to listen to the voice prompts, or you may select a command from the following chart:
Command Function Command Function
 then  Repeat a Message  then  Answering Machine On
 then  Play Incoming Messages  then  Memo Record/Stop*
 then  Skip a Message  then  Greeting Message Record/Stop*
 then  Delete a Message  then  Answering Machine Off
 then  Stop Operation  then  Voice Prompts
* For Memo Record and Greeting Message Record functions, the first time you enter the corresponding command, it
starts the Recording function. If you want to stop the recording, enter the command again.
Note: Once you enter the remote access menu, you must enter a command within 15 seconds, or the
answering machine automatically hangs up and returns to standby.
5) After all of the voice prompts have been played, you hear intermittent beeps indicating that the system is in the
command waiting mode. You may enter another command at this time from the chart.
6) When you are finished, hang up to exit the system. The answering machine automatically returns to standby.
Turn on the Answering Machine Remotely
If you have forgotten to turn on your answering machine, you can turn it on remotely from any touch-tone telephone.
1) Call your telephone number.
2) Wait ten rings until the system answers. You hear intermittent beeps.
3) Press  and then enter your PIN code. The answering machine announces the number of messages stored in memory. You hear "To play incoming message, press zero two. For help, press one zero."
4) Press  then  to turn the answering machine On. You hear the outgoing message and a confirmation tone.
5) Hang up the phone; subsequent calls will be answered by the system.
Feb 28, 2010 |
Uniden EXAI5680 Cordless Phone