- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If thelaptop battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out.Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles andwill lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR Thebattery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the batterydrops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to anunacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced.
Since it's a new battery it might be the battery. If a battery will fail it will do so with the first 30 days of use. It sounds like you have never charged it before. You should bring it back to the store for a replacement to test it if possible with another phone. But since the phone suffered water damage the real issue is most probably the phone. If a phone gets wet sometimes it will work fine for a while after it dries or it won't work at all. But even if it does work you could start having random issues with it everything from random shutdowns/reboots, can't charge, can't stay on to issues like preventing you from receiving txt msgs or using the camera or media player. You might have to start shopping around.
Unless the phone is showing any malfunction we cannot confirm unless a drain test is taken in the standby condition of the phone.This must be quite negligible current about few mAmps . If there drains is more check for leak in the battery source to the IC feed, a possible zener shorting or a capacitor leaking.
However if the phone is using up power on talk time , it can be due to drain in a functioning circuit which will be hard to find , but check for unusual heating in any components.
If however the phone works fine then it can be the fault of the battery itself as it could have developed reverse polarity.
Let the battery drain off fully and recharge, if possible a jump charging with an external voltage might sometimes cure this issue.
If not change the battery with the correct current rating.
This usually means the bb and battery got a little wet or has other issues. Try these solutions in order. They go from easisest to hardest. NOTE: If you have an insurance policy on the bb probably best just to take it in.
1. Remove the back cover. Remove the battery and the SIM card. Wait 30 seconds. Replace SIM, battery and back cover. Reboot. Plug in the bb and charge fully.
2. If that doesn't work, allow the bb to remain unplugged but ON for about 24 hours to drain the battery. Remove back cover and battery. Allow battery and opened bb to sit in a dry environment for 24 - 36 hours. Relace battery and cover. Reboot. Plug in the bb and charge fully.
3. If that fails retry step 2 but allow battery to FULLY drain then dry out again.
you simply fried your battery by overcharging it. Just get a new one, let it fully charge and fully die twice before you start normal charging. Then you will want to only charge it for about 2 to 3 hours or find a charger that has a smart chip that tells it when to stop charging once the battery is full.