Question about Maytag MMV5207 Microwave Oven
The bulb is a halogen (part number 53001905). You can view the bulb at searspartsdirect.com. Type in your model number and look under the "Base/Latch Board Assembly" heading for item 6. Although it does not list the size, it does list the type and part number. Your hardware store may be able to cross this number for you and find the bulb you need.
PS There is a better view of the bulb at appliancepartspros.com. Just type in the part number above and you will see a photograph. Are you in Canada? If so, you may enquire one of these sites also to see if they will ship to Canada.
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 24, 2013 | Sanyo EM-S5002W Microwave Oven
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
May 16, 2011 | Kenmore 80809 Microwave Oven
Jul 29, 2009 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
May 04, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Apr 06, 2009 | Frigidaire FMV145K Microwave Oven
Jan 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 03, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jul 26, 2008 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: