Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

It just went pop and went off and haven't been able to use it since.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 70 Answers

With microwaves operating via generating radiation always use extreme caution with them.

Also make sure you never allow any metals such as tin, copper, aluminum, brass, steel etc. in any microwave.

Sounds like the transformer blew and you can try to have it serviced. But from such a symptom and class of appliance not safe if it's not tightly sealed I'd discard the oven and replace it with new for both cost and safety.

Posted on Jul 27, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Made popping sound and went off. We unplugged it. Replugged it, went on, but didn't cook. Now there's an electrical or plastic burning smell. unplugged it. Is it safe? Worth trying to repair?


leave it unplugged
take it in for repair and get a proper diagnosis done
normally anything other than a fuse is not worth repairing

Jan 02, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No Light and the turntable is not working


Open your microwave completely unscrewed but make sure it is disconnected from the power; check all the other fuses inside, if it doesn't fix the issue then take it to a pro to get this fix.

Jan 03, 2014 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Electrical short /pop sound & now it doesn't heat. Everything else works. Any idea what went out.


The signs are not always evident, but from the description the magnetron has failed.

Apr 13, 2012 | Sharp R-1491 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Pop noise, and the oven went out.


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101 ;'

';';
';

Apr 17, 2011 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Yesterday, I went to use the microwave and as I pushed start, I heard a loud pop and saw sparks behind the vent cover. The microwave light and turn table work fine, but it does not heat. Is it repairable?


sounds like your magnetron went out . check how old it is, sometimes the manufacture gives a 5-10 yr warrenty on part if no warranty on unit then it may not be worth fixing depending on how much u spent on it. part roughly 89.99-139.99 labor 85-165.00 depending on who u use and were u live. hope this helps . thanx..

Oct 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Heard a "POP" and both lights went out. Replaced bulbs and still, No Lights".


You most likely have a blown fuse. The fuse is located inside the case at the top and likely to the left.


Sep 24, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Goldstar 1500 Micro wave no power


HEating element popped and needs to be replaced. Also check for discoloring on the sides and back of the panel. This will also tell you what is going on. Make sure that the power cord did not break either and that it is fully attached where it is supposed to go

Jun 03, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Service to Whirlppol MH7130xez-1, circuit breaker popped then unit went dead


water may have leaked inside unit causing a short.the transformer output is about 1400 volts that feeds a large capacitor. a direct short can blow the transformer instantly or any support parts without time to burn something. creating little or no smell. I never sujest that a person
to try to repair a microwave oven because
the capacitor can still be charged and very lethal.

Feb 25, 2008 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

28 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76630 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...