Are able to make a copy...then printer is fine..
What you will see
A communication error appears when you try to print or scan.
An issue was recently discovered with some internet security packages and the listed Lexmark printers. The issue turned out to be with the "Parental Controls" module of the internet security packages.
What to do
Use Add/Remove Programs to selectively remove the Parental Controls module or, if this option is not available, to remove the internet security package (ISP) completely. For additional information or a product update, please contact your ISP providers. ISP providers offer a free download to their customers.
NOTE: Most 2008 versions of internet security packages do not exhibit any issues with parental controls.
or try this..
To resolve this:
1. Disconnect the power and USB cables from the back of the printer and restart the PC.
2. After 30 seconds, reconnect the power cable. Once the PC is back up and running, reconnect the USB cable.
If the problem persists, follow the steps below.
3. Take out the cartridges and disconnect the power and USB cables from the back of the printer. Leave the printer like this for a minimum of 30 seconds.
4. Reconnect the power, put the cartridges back in, and reconnect the USB cable.
5. If this doesn?t solve the problem, go to the Device Manager. Follow the instructions for your operating system below.
1. Right click on My Computer.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click on the Device Manager tab.
4. Go to Imaging device and click on the + (plus) sign. You should see an entry for the Lexmark MFP scanner.
If there is a question mark (?) or an exclamation mark (!), select it and click Remove.
5. When it has been uninstalled, click Refresh. The scanner should be redetected and installed properly.
1. Go to Start, My Computer.
2. Click on View System Information.
3. Click on Hardware.
4. Click on Device Manager.
5. Go to Imaging device and click on the + (plus) sign. You should see an entry for the Lexmark MFP scanner.
6. If there is a question mark (?) or an exclamation mark (!), select it and click Action, Uninstall.
7. When it has been uninstalled, click on Action, Scan for hardware changes. The scanner should be redetected and installed properly.
Mar 17, 2008 |
Lexmark X3480 All-In-One Printer