Question about Kitchen Ranges

2 Answers

How do I get rid of a burnt smell in the microwave oven

I burned a brownies in the oven

Posted by on

Ad

2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,642 Answers

Fill a bowl with 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon white vinegar.

  1. Microwave it for 4-5 minutes and leave it with the door shut for 10-15 minutes.
  2. Steam will loosen smell-causing detritus stuck to the walls. ...
  3. After the waiting period, remove the bowl and wipe the inside of the microwave down with a paper towel. Quoted from a Boston appliance blog.

Posted on Aug 13, 2017

Ad
  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Kitchen Ranges Master
  • 35,737 Answers

Put some bicarbonate of soda in a dish on top of the platter. Do not leave it inside while using the oven!

Posted on Aug 13, 2017

Ad

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 18 Answers

SOURCE: Belling Synergie fan oven.

the elemet has burned out round the fan

Posted on Jul 12, 2007

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: melted carousel in microwave / bad smell

For the smell, do a Google search for "smell microwave" or "odor microwave" for many great tips.

If you need a new turntable support, you can order Sharp parts from Tritronics at http://www.wehaveparts.com

It's part # FROLPB017MRK0

Posted on Nov 18, 2007

MomsyKat
  • 52 Answers

SOURCE: burn at bottom of microwave

First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!

Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.

Posted on Aug 19, 2008

cactus bob
  • 267 Answers

SOURCE: capacitor burned out? horrible burnt smell.

YOUR GOING TO NEED A NEW MICROWAVE . the cap may be bad but the real bad smell you have is most likely the HV tranformer , if the magntron shorts to ground there will be a small smell if you dont pick up on that and your microwave is set to run another few mins the transformer will overheat and burn , then the fuse blows and the controls shut down . the end result , you have more parts bad than you have good . if you google " GE SPACEMAKER MICROWAVE FIRE ' you will see your not the only one , its getting to be COMMON . good luck

Posted on Mar 08, 2009

localwonder
  • 6784 Answers

SOURCE: MICROWAVE IS NOT HEATING

HI, the actual device that produces the heat is damaged or faulty. this device is called the Magnetron. you will need to replace this part in order to restore the heating ability of this microwave oven.

Please rate and have a great day:)

Posted on May 29, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to gt rid of burnt smell inside the microwave from burnt popcorn


Wash with baking soda wipe out clean then wipe down with vinegar
it will eventually go away.

May 17, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How to get rid of odor in microwave?


Hi James,

You could give Vanilla essence a try works a treat.

Good luck
V8

Apr 26, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Orange glow in top of microwave


Not dangerous, just burnt metal!

Jan 13, 2013 | LG Over-the-Range Microwave

1 Answer

Metallic smell in oven compartment


The smell you are describing is typical of a defective magnetron, return item to the store for replacement.

Aug 30, 2012 | RCA RMW953 0.9-Cubic Feet Microwave Oven...

1 Answer

Metallic smell in oven compartment


There are many good suggestions for cleaning and deodorizing microwaves here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Aug 30, 2012 | RCA Rmw953 0.9-Cubic Feet Microwave Oven...

1 Answer

MMV5100AAW Microwave hums and smells burnt , will not heat food , everything else works fine


If you have that funny burning smell in the microwave oven This is sure sign the magnetron has failed, and must be replaced.

Mar 21, 2012 | Maytag MMV5165 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Our Sharp microwave oven turns on, makes a loud humming noise, starts to smell like something is burning, but doesn't heat. Well, actually, we don't think it heats, we're too scared to let it run because...


Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} This can be caused by grease etc. inside the oven and on the wave guide which is the paper like thing in the oven. If you can remove it look for burnt areas which may can be scraped off or you may need to replace it. An appliance parts store usually has the material you can cut to fit you own.

Dec 10, 2009 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Capacitor burned out? horrible burnt smell.


YOUR GOING TO NEED A NEW MICROWAVE . the cap may be bad but the real bad smell you have is most likely the HV tranformer , if the magntron shorts to ground there will be a small smell if you dont pick up on that and your microwave is set to run another few mins the transformer will overheat and burn , then the fuse blows and the controls shut down . the end result , you have more parts bad than you have good . if you google " GE SPACEMAKER MICROWAVE FIRE ' you will see your not the only one , its getting to be COMMON . good luck

Mar 08, 2009 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE spacemaker xl1800 microwave "burnt paper" smell


Hey
There are several things you can do to help git rid of that smell
First get a mild cleaner with bleach (soft scrub ect!) and clean entire oven inside and try getting that scorch mark off! a little pressure should lessen it ! (there is no filter inside! The plastic inside covering holds smells for a long time! you can also put a cup of white vinigar inside warm on high for 1 minute and leave in overnight!
Please take a second and rate my response
Thank You1

Jan 23, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burn at bottom of microwave


First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!

Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.

Apr 03, 2008 | Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Ranges Logo

Related Topics:

30 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76682 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

2557 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...