Question about Plumbing

Open Question

I need parts for my ASSE109-A BK Sillcock from the stem including the locknut and spacer nut at the handle. I can't find them atthe box stores.

Posted by on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


SOURCE: dripping faucet

Take a cloth and lay over the top of the stem so as not to damage it. With pliers, grasp the top of the stem and turn it a quarter turn counter clockwise. The stem should lift right out.

Posted on Mar 14, 2009

  • 659 Answers

SOURCE: replace delta single handle shower cylinder

Yes, I believe this unit uses a cartridge right? They do fit a little tight due to the small washers on the back side of the cartridge. If this is the one I'm thinking of, there are two leg like appendenges that come off the back and fit into small holes at the back of the manifold or what some call mixing valve housing.

Posted on Apr 10, 2009

  • 21 Answers

SOURCE: how to remove retaining nut on two handle faucet

sounds like you need a basin wrench that is made for taking off nuts like this one.  you can find one at local hardware store.

Posted on Jun 21, 2009

  • 5 Answers

SOURCE: cannot find tool to loosen front wheel bearing lock nut

I have a 1995 Geo Tracker 4WD with the same exact problem,However I did some research . You will need to go to the Kent Moore Website which makes specialty tools and look up Wheel bearing socket "J-37763" I saw the picture of it and it looks like there are 4 small rounded teeth/tabs. Unfortunately get ready to spend some money - cost is about $70.00 not including shipping/handling
I hope that this Info. helps - Jim H.

Posted on Jul 22, 2009

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Speakman shower faucet washer replacement

Keep unscrewing, to the left. Past the point that would normally be the full "on" position for the valve. I've just removed my Speakman Kent shower stem, and because it is damaged where the washer attaches, will have to replace it (both of them).

Posted on Jan 10, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i identify my outdoor faucet, cannot really read the numbers there is an arrowhead logo with a diagonal banner across it letters nw and asse Py9 maybe?

This is as you may have guessed, an Arrowhead sillcock.You should be able to replace the washer if you can find the bibb screw. Hold a bucket in front of asillcock and have someone turn the water on for 2 seconds. The bibb screw and what is left of the washer should shoot out. If you lose these parts, you can take the stem to the nearest plumbing supply, lowes, home depot or hardware store that carries Arrowhead sillcocks. They should be able to either give you a repair kit, or a whole new sillcock which you can take apart and just use the stem. It must be the same length to work properly. Before you install the new stem, make sure the bibb screw holding the washer in is tightened. Good luck!

Apr 15, 2017 | Banner Plumbing

1 Answer

Have a BK outdoor faucet which leaks number on the outside of the body is asse10195a

If it's a 1/4 turn spigot and if you can find a supplier who carries BK, you can buy the same length sillcock and just replace the guts. If it's not a 1/4 turn, then you may be able to simply pull the stem and change the washer.
Otherwise, you will have to replace the whole thing.

Apr 13, 2016 | Plumbing

1 Answer

75 sportster clutch plate stud nuts adjustment, how tight do you make them

Hi Anonymous, there is no torque value for the nuts because they are clamping on studs, the bible just says tighten securely but if you use locknuts and blue lock tite you will be fine. If you are a torque wrench addict like me 100 inch pounds would be safe. Now before you do your lock tite measure the distance between the releasing disc and the outer drive plate it should be .125" if it's more than .165" parts sells .040" shorter spacers, if it's .205 they sell .080" shorter spacers. Anything over that and you need to replace your friction plates. The standard length spacer is 1.530" Good luck

Apr 12, 2014 | Harley Davidson XLH 1000 Sportster...

1 Answer

Not gating flam

follow this steps and fix it. God bless you
Service a compression faucet:
  1. Turn off the water supply and open the faucet handle to relieve water pressure.
  2. Carefully pry off the trim cap with a small screwdriver or putty knife.
  3. Remove the locknut with an adjustable wrench, then lift the spindle out of the faucet.
  4. As needed, remove and replace the O-ring. Before reinstalling, coat the stem lightly with plumber's grease.
  5. As needed, remove the retaining screw and pry out the washer. Install an exact-replacement washer and tighten it.
  6. As needed, inspect the seat and replace if damaged.
  7. Install the valve and tighten, then reinstall the handle and test.
Repair a reverse-compression faucet:
  1. Turn off the water supply and open the faucet handle to relieve water pressure.
  2. Carefully pry off the trim cap with a small screwdriver and remove the handle screw. Unscrew the packing nut and lift out the stem assembly.
  3. As needed, pry out the washer under the packing nut and replace it.
  4. As needed, remove the seat washer and replace it with one that fits exactly. Rethread the spindle and washer back onto the stem, and reassemble the faucet.

Nov 30, 2013 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Manual valve seized-can it be repaired?

Manual valves are generally repairable with very inexpensive parts from you local hardware store.
However in order to work on them you will need to shut off the water supply and then remove the handle. Once the handle is off remove the cap nut that holds the valve stem into the body. A cresent wrench is recommended. If its a brass vavle do not use a pipe wrench or vise grips unless it's an absolute.
Once you have the nut off you can remove the stem and take that to your hardware store for some replacement packings and seals.

Sep 17, 2013 | Water Heaters

1 Answer

I have an American Valve M72AS Frost Proof Sillcock that is leaking around the stem when turned on. I replaced the packing under the handle with no fix. Is there another packing/seal deeper inside? How...

AMERICAN VALVE 1/2-in Dual Pattern Brass Sillcock Valve M72AS...

Do NOT purchase this product... Mine lasted about four years for me before the internal stem/rod cracked. This caused a constant leak when it was turned on. Doing research for parts... I've noticed a lot of reviews on the internet about this same problem as to it leaking through the handle. I thought it was a gasket problem but after analyzing it, it turned out to be the "Integral Vacuum Breaker" system malfunctioning after a few years of use. The tip of the stem is a moveable item loaded on a spring and if it gets stuck closed, the water in the stem/rod does not drain out causing water to stay in the center stem/rod and of course freezing during the winter. When Spring comes and you turn on the system, that's when it leaks in and around the handle.
Another important note: I could NOT find replacement parts i.e. center stem/rod therefore causing me to buy another new Freeze-Proof Sillcock. It doesn't stop here yet....The newer ones are mostly made of aluminum and the center stem/rod is all aluminum...NOT copper!!! This part being all aluminum which I believe will be a major problem to come!!! As you know aluminum creates lots of oxidation with layers of white aluminum powder. This will now be going through your hoses that might feed your garden/food, your pets water bowls outside and your pools!! This is not good. They need to keep this stuff copper or CPVC but NOT ALUMINUM.Look up "Aluminum poisoning"
I have pictures of this (center stem/rod) and how I fixed the old copper center stem/rod for a back up when my aluminum one I just bought from Lowes fails in a few years. I tested it and it works (my old copper stem/rod)!!! I fixed mine by removing the spring in the tip and putting the tip back in the stem and filling the center of the stem/rod with Liquid Nails adhesive. If I was to do it again, I would use a Rubber Silicon via a tube gun.
My suggestion is to go to the old type of Frost-Free Sillcock "BRASS" NOT ALUMINIUM and doesn't have a hollow center stem/rod for water to freeze in and also doesn't have the anti-Siphon design. It might be a neat design but when the parts start to oxidize/rust etc. it then will stick and keep the water from being aloud to leave the stem/rod therefore causing a crack and WILL leak when opened during the Spring.

Jun 10, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

I bought the Danco replacement stem for a milwaukee faucet(part 4s-6h/c) it is leaking from the handle... do I need to replace the plastic part that runs back into the pipe? Is there an easy way to remove...

Sometimes on the stems on the side the handle attaches is a nut that can be tightened. Inside this nut is a rubber or other type of seal. tightening this nut stops the water from coming out of the handle. If the nut has already been tightened then possibly need to replace this rubber seal.

Sep 02, 2010 | Danco Faucet Stem

1 Answer

Sillcock leaks even when off. does anyone make a repair kit?

Have you tightened the nut around the valve or have you backed off the nut then screw it in and then tighten nut? And yes you can get a kit at any hardeware store but you will have to take it apart to get the right seals.

Jun 27, 2009 | Frost Free Sillcock, 12"

1 Answer

Leaking Kitchen Tap

I am assuming that your kitchen tap is leaking through the spout

if it is single lever you will need to remove the crown and spout by removing a small erasure size cap on the housing right under the spout or up near the back of the ever then use a hex wrench to remove the set screw( plug the drain holes do it does not go down the drain)

turn the water off (hot and cold ) under the sink
remove the set screw and lift off the lever

at his point you can take an adjustible wrench(channel lock and tighten the big ring nut that holds the cartridge in place

temorairly put the handle back on and put the handle in the off position turn the water on under the sink and see if it stopped leaking

if it still leaks you have to turn the water back off and remove the lock nut then the cartridge and go to big box store with old cartridge and name of mfg and get a new one and install

If you have seperate hot and cold valves on top of sink deermne which is leaking by turning one off with oher on undr the sink

once you have determined which it is (hot or cold)
take a phillips head screw driver( remove plastic clear cap on top of faucet handle with sharp crewdriver of knife blade) and remove the screw holdin the handle on to the stem(turn counter clock wise

be sure to turn water of under snk on both faucet risers after removing acrylic handle you then take an adjustible wrench and remove the crown nut turn counter clockwise until it comes off over stem

remove stem( looks like size of a pretzel about six inches long with washers on side and one on end

take the stem to local hardware(ace) or big box store and go to lumbing section ask clerk to inspect and recommend replacement washers or replacement stem (if needed)

go back reinstall and tighten crown nut snug( open (turn counter clockwise) tem valve before you snug it down with crown nut
install acrykic or chrome handle with brass phillips screw then ut cap on and turn on water and check for leaks

good luck

Dec 30, 2008 | Home

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

151 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16636 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3087 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

39324 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides