Question about Microwave Ovens
Although bacon can be cooked in a microwave, cooking any low water content food is ******* an oven, and can shorten the lifespan of the magnetron.
The smoke you're seeing is probably from the grease in the bacon. However, there's a slight chance it's from the power transformer as these sometimes fail slowly. You should be able to tell from the type of odor.
Posted on Aug 12, 2017
Your manual should tell you what can and cannot be cooked in a microwave oven.
Posted on Aug 12, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is normal. That's why I always recommend to my customers that the food be placed slightly off-center on the turntable. An analogy I refer to is stirring paint: If you stir paint with a stick by simply rotating the stick in the center of the can, it's far less effective than pulling the stick around an imaginary circle halfway bewteen the center and the edge.
Posted on Sep 15, 2006
SOURCE: GE xl1800 spacesaver microwave
It sounds like you could have one or two problems. Using the oven with metal in it could cause the magnatron to go bad at its tip causing it to arc and making a popping sound. It could be that there is bare metal exposed somewhere causing the popping sound. Take it in for service!!
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
SOURCE: MICROWAVE WON'T HEAT OR COOK
Sorry if you misunderstand, but I offer free advice so you or someone you know can fix things yourself.
Chances are you have a bad magnetron or other high voltage part, but I won't bother you with details now.
You take care of yourself.
Posted on Jul 20, 2008
Sounds like a bad magnetron, i would replace the magnetron, Capacitor and Diode at the mag assembly, to be honest it will cost you more to fix than a new one.............
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Interesting post, because I have the same problem! I have spent the better part of today researching and taking our microwave apart (partially) to inspect the top portion re: outside vent. Everytime the microwave is on, the "active vent door" (manufacturer's term, not mine!) opens. Apparently this is normal. But it also opens when you turn on the vent fan, when cooking on the stovetop. I don't like this feature, because I think it 'overrides' the outside venting system. I double checked our outside vent to ensure that when this oven was installed, the person did in fact allow the flap to be open when the fan is on (he did). So I think what 'our' problem is, is that the microwave active vent sort of interferes with the outside vent, thus more of the cooking smell being blown into the house instead of the outdoors. I was thinking of simply disconnecting the gizmo that make the active vent door open each time you use the oven and/or vent fan option however I don't think that's a good idea as apparently the main purpose of the active vent door is to keep the electronics of the microwave oven from overheating. The more I read about this version of microwave, the less impressed I am with it. Lots of electronic issues with it. I am not fussy either with having the microwave over the cooktop. Sorry I don't have a solution for your problem but I do feel your pain!!!
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2016 | Microwave Ovens
May 31, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 21, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Nov 14, 2010 | Sunbeam Microwave Ovens
Oct 31, 2010 | Kenmore 63793 Convection / Microwave Oven
Dec 27, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 01, 2008 | GE JVM1190 Microwave Oven
May 26, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens
Mar 03, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!