Question about Microsoft Excel for PC
Hi there people
I have a csv file with some stats in , seperated by a semi-colon (;) . When I open the file , it opens directly to Excel but all in one column. Is there any way to get Excel to give me the option to open it as delimited ?
Urgently need assistance please.
The key is to import the data and not open the file directly.
1. Open a Blank Workbook in Excel.
2. Data, Get External Data, Import Data. (Excel 2007 is Data, Get External Data, Data from Text)
3. Browse to your .csv file and Select "Import".
4. Import Wizard should appear.
5. Page 1 Select "Delimited"
6. Select the row which you want to start the import.
7. click "Next"
8. In the Delimiters, select "semicolon" and/or other delimiters you are using.
Note: The bottom half of the window will preview the way the data is to be imported.
9. click "Next"
10. highlight each column of your data in the window below. For each column you can specify "General", "Text", "Data", or "do not import column" using the radio buttons in the top left of the Wizard box. This is an optional step.
11. Click Finish.
I hope that helps. Please add a comment if it not clear.
Posted on Nov 22, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2015 | pcAmerica Retail POS system
Aug 03, 2014 | Google Gmail
Apr 29, 2011 | Yahoo Mail
Feb 18, 2011 | Xerox WorkCentre Pro 123/128 Printer
Jan 02, 2011 | Clickaction MyMailList & AddressBook...
Dec 27, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
May 08, 2009 | Intuit QuickBooks: Pro 2005 for PC
Apr 27, 2009 | Microsoft Office Excel 2003 for PC
Feb 20, 2009 | Microsoft Office Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2016 | Microsoft Excel for PC
Dec 12, 2013 | Microsoft Excel for PC
Jul 23, 2013 | Microsoft Excel for PC
25,150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: