I need to get into my settings on my router to enable the IP Sec. I have heard there is a universal ip address of some sort for 3 com routers that will let you into the settings to change them but I cant' find it. Any one know how to enable the IP Sec for a 3 com router from your computer?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like the computer you're trying to connect to your wi-fi router is set up with a static IP address that is being reserved by your router for DHCP. To resolve, make sure your router has "DHCP" (dynamic host configuration protocol) turned on. Make sure the computer you're trying to connect to your router is set up to allow the DHCP server in your router to set the computer's IP address and DNS server address. You can find instructions to enable DHCP in your router's user manual or by searching online. You can find instructions for setting your computer's wireless adapter to allow the DHCP server in your router to set the computer's IP and DNS addresses here: http://www2.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/files/IT/Settings_for_DHCP_for_Windows.pdf
For that you need to check WAN settings and also make sure local ip settings gateway should be your router ip address.
Make sure WAN settings are fine connect internet cable to WAN port of router.
You can configure router with below method.
Connect your router to computer with ethernet cable then you can access it with following default link. http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.15.1 or http://192.168.2.1 If you are not able to access it with above ip then check your computers ip address gateway ip is your router ip try with it. Then it ask for user name and password. Type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or "password" or blank. Then you can see configuration page of router. Then configure wan settings and lan settings enable wireless if you want to use wifi Then save settings and restart router Then connect cable from internet service provider to WAN port of router and connect ethenet lan cable from computer to lan port of router. . Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using FixYa.
This is a NAT/Port/IP issue....
1. jump on a computer, run cmd and then ipconfig/all 2. note the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway. 3. jump on you xbox, go to system settings, network settings, configure network, IP settings. 4. Pick manual then change: -the ip address to a varient of your ip address. Eg, if you ip address is 192.168.0.9, then make the ip address of the console eg 192.168.0.91 or 192.168.0.92 etc -the subnet bank to the same as noted from ipconfig/all -the default gateway as the same as the chosen ip address. 5. Ensure DNS Settings are set to automatic. Changes to router (how to take these steps will depend on your router): -Ensure the DNS ip address is given automatically by the isp, same with the internet ip address. -NAT is enabled. -port forward ports 53, 80, 88, and 3074. -change mtu to about 1500.
To install a HP printer (with built-in Jetdirect print server) as a network printer you need to do the following - 1.Open the printer’s menu and enable the Network Card – then configure the IP address of the network card so it matches the IP range of your network. Eg. If your IP's are 192.168.0.xxx then set the network card to a high number say 100 then set the Subnet Mask IP address to 255.255.255.0 If you have a wireless router then check the IP addresses that the router issues to the computers on your network and configure the IP address in the printer accordingly. 2.Install the HP printer driver on your computer/s using the LPT printer port. 3.Connect the printer with a LAN cable to the network hub/router. 4.Click on Printers and Faxes - right click on the HP printer and click on Properties. 5.Click on Ports and click on Add Port. 6.In available ports - click on Standard TCP/IP Port and then Configure port. 7.Tick the IP box and type in the IP address of the HP's printer IP address. 8.Click OK and tick Enable bi-directional support and then OK
Install the HP printer driver on every computer on your network and configure the printer’s TCP/IP port as previously detailed. Do a test print page to check the printer. You can now print from any computer on your network.
You need to change the LAN IP address of your router. Open the router's admin through http://192.168.1.1 and look for router's IP address or Local IP Address. Change it to 192.168.10.1 and save the settings. Reboot the router after that. If you are on cable internet , you need to do MAC Cloning. Access the router's admin page and look for MAC Clone settings. Enable and clone the PC's Mac Address. Save the settings and power cycle the router and the modem after that.
What are the settings that you have for your netgear router? Its going to tunnel, right? Try this solutions and see it will work.
1. Access the set-up page of the router, from a browser, type 192.168.1.1
2. Go to VPN tab and select IP SEC VPN
3. Local Security Group, set it to subnet and input the Network Address of the router (LAN IP - 192.168.1.0)
4. Remote Security Group, set it to subnet and input the Network Address of the netgear router (LAN IP, for example - 192.168.2.0)
5. Remote Secure Group, set it to IP only, WAN IP address of the netgear router
6. For Key Managemnt, just make sure that all settings are identical with the netgear router
7. Last go to Advanced Settings and make sure that group settings are identical to the netgear router