Question about Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
printer does not have visible paper jam and printer is showing error paper jam
Check if the Encoder Strip is Broken or Missing
1.Power down the printer and unplug the power.
2.Slide the cartridge carrier inside the printer a couple of inches to the left.
3.Locate the encoder strip (Figure 1) on the right-side of the cartridge carrier encoder strip
The encoder strip is a plastic strip with small markings over its entire length. The strip may appear to be translucent.
Reposition the Encoder Strip
1. Remove the power cord from the printer.
2. Lift the scanner unit to expose the inside, where the printer cartridges are located.
3. Gently slide the ink cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer.
4. Gently move the top part of the printer belt to the right.
5. Using an index finger, gently push encoder strip (Figure 1) down and then back up, to get it back into the slot located on the back of the ink cartridge carrier.
6. Gently press the strip first to the rear, and then forward, to ensure that it is seated correctly.
7. Manually move the ink cartridge carrier to the left, then to the right, to check the positioning of the encoder strip.
8. Once the encoder strip has been re-seated, close the scanner lid.
9. Re-connect the power cord to the printer.
Ensure the Paper Tray is Not Overfilled
Each printer tray has a maximum capacity rating, and this rating is based on a specific paper weight and or thickness. Consequently, situations might arise in which the tray will not be able to accommodate the maximum number of sheets listed in the printer specifications. Verify that the paper is not packed too tightly in the paper tray.
Adjust the Printer Paper Guides
Adjust the paper guides to fit the size paper being used .The guides should be close (1/16" or less) to the paper without touching, so that the paper stays properly aligned without continually rubbing the guides.
Locate and Remove Any Obstructions Inside the Printer and Input Tray
1. Open the front cover and make sure the kickstand (if there is one) is engaged.
2. Locate and remove any obstructions within the printer, such as paper pieces, staples, tape, or other objects.
3. Close the cover.
4. Remove all paper from the input tray.
5. Inspect the input tray for any obstructions.\
6. Remove any visible obstructions.
7. Reinsert the paper.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2015 | Samsung ML 2525 BW laser Printer
Sep 16, 2008 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
What this light sequence means that the printer has a paper jam.
When a paper jam occurs, the printer stops and the operator panel's Paper Jam light and Continue button lights come on. Press and release Continue twice quickly to display the specific secondary error paper jam light sequence.
How to clear Paper Jam
?· Press Continue button twice quickly to see the secondary error code.
To get the secondary error codes
?· When the Error light (!) and Continue button lights are both on, a secondary error has occurred.
?· When the Paper Jam light (4th light) and Continue button lights are both on, a paper jam secondary error has occurred.
?· Press and release Continue button twice quickly to display the secondary error code light sequence.
Press Continue button to resume printing once all the jammed pages are cleared from the paper path.
We recommend that you clear the entire paper path when a paper jam occurs.
To clear a paper jam:
1 If you are feeding paper from a tray, remove the tray, and then remove any jams.
2 Open the front cover and remove the print cartridge assembly.
NOTE: Do not leave the print cartridge assembly exposed to direct light for an Extended period of time. Extended light exposure can cause print quality problems.
3 Remove any jams in the area behind the print cartridge assembly.
4 Lift the flap at the front of the printer and remove any jams beneath the flap.
5 Open the rear exit and remove any jams.
6 After you have cleared the jams, reinstall the print cartridge assembly, make sure all printer covers and trays are closed, and then press Continue button to resume printing.
NOTE: The printer reprints the pages that caused the paper jam.
Jun 30, 2011 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
Clearing paper jam in a printer is simple almost seven step
procedure depending on the printer. Paper jam is the term used to refer to the
scenario where your paper fails to come out of the printer during the print
process. When you send a document to the printer, normally the printer prints
out the document on a paper; then you can pick up your printed copy. When the
paper gets stuck in the printer, it is said that paper has jammed in the
printer "paper jam".
Even if you are not a technical person, you can conveniently
clear paper jams. All you need is to follow the set of procedures outlined
Good luck & God bless!
Mar 01, 2011 | HP Deskjet 3845 InkJet Printer
Oct 19, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4250 Multifunction Photo...
Sep 16, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Sep 16, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: