Question about Saeco VIA Veneto Espresso & Coffee Maker
Try using a paperclip or needle to clear out the holes on the end of the steam wand. That will usually work if when you turn on the wand it is hot to the touch and you can still get hot water from the coffee spout.
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Does the steam outlet give water when coffee swith is engaged. If so when you get a flow going, shut the steam valve and water should eventually pout in the cup. If no water pours thru the steam pipe, it's pump failure or blocked wand. If no water at shower depending on last result same problems. Search web for solution i.e. google "jammed espresso machine"
Posted on Dec 30, 2007
SOURCE: My Mr Coffee espresso machine
On my machine, the vent from the heating element to the steamer control was clogged. I am a trained professional, do this at your own risk! I did the following because I tried everything else and I knew that the unit was clogged at the aperature from the hot water element tank. Try to unclog it another way before doing this!
1. Unplug from the wall outlet!!! (don't skip this or you might die!)
2. Remove accessories, water holder, bottom tray, etc.
3. Remove the rubber feet and unscrew all of the screws you can find. There are some hard to find screws but it is possible to remove them all with the right screwdrivers. I broke the last screw stud thing on mine because I couldn't find the right tool for that last screw. Once I got it apart, I figured out how to do it. I cant remember now though. Just break it if you want. There are plenty of other screws holding this thing together.
4. Remove the top.
5. Follow the smallest tube to the heating element (looks like a tiny hot water heater).
6. Unbolt the tube fitting at the heating element. You may loosen the other couplers, but dont completely unscrew them, and DO NOT TUG on the small plastic tube. Once you unscrew the brass fitting, take a flashlight and look in the hole that leads into the heating tank. If yours is like mine, it will be clogged with white goo. My goo was from hard water. Take a pipe cleaner and ram it through the goo. Try to get as much goo out as you can, but it is ok to get some down into the tank.
7. Put everything back together carefully. You might want to replace the small O ring at the fitting if it is worn out.
8. Run vinegar through the system, or CLR or some other solvent that can break down the hard water residue. Plug in the unit and flush the system with cleaner but make sure to get it all out. Run alot of clean water through it.
** you might be able to just run CLR or Vinegar or some other cleaner through the system, without disassembly. I am not an expert in these things, please find out what is safe to use before trying it. I am not responsible if you get poisoned!
Hope this helps some!
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
I have the same issue -- machine is NOT clogged. I've torn the think apart, and looking at the way it is designed I am thinking that the pressure relief valve (at least that is what it appears to be) is malfunctioning.
The steamer will work briefly, but runs out of steam almost immediately. If your machine is having a similar problem, I suggest that you open it up and look at how it works (there are two screws on the top under the door for the scoop. You've got to drill out the cover caps to get to the screws underneath -- at least that is how I got them out...they covers are really long plastic plugs and trying to get them out with a thin screwdriver did not work -- but using a drill bit pulled them right out).
I don't know where to find a replacement valve -- sorry.
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2013 | Mr. Coffee Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Mar 05, 2012 | Saeco Royal Coffee Bar Coffee Maker,...
Apr 22, 2017 | Krups Gusto 880-42 Espresso Machine
We have a solution to this link that will help
Sep 15, 2010 | Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Aug 11, 2009 | Gaggia Baby Espresso Machine
Jun 19, 2008 | Krups Allegro FND111 Espresso & Coffee...
Dec 02, 2007 | Briel Domus Due Espresso Machine & Coffee...
820 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!