Please help me! i install Pets EP and when i install other EP (Apartment Life & Freetime) it didnt merge! the Pets was uninstalled when i ran the Apartment life.
well, actually when installing Apartment Life there`s one problem. i reached the update applier state and it says that i have to put disk two (even when it`s in!) so i shut the Pc down but then only Apartment`s running.
The Sims has to be installed in the order of which they were released for best results. My family tried to install them in different orders on different computers so we could all play all the expansions using different disks without all haveing to buy the expansions. However, EA had foreseen this and the Sims can only be installed in order as follows.
"The Sims" or "The Sims Deluxe" or "The Sims Mega Deluxe"
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
read this Amazon FreeTime Unlimited and Kindle FreeTime Unlimited Terms Conditions
The pertinent words are " If you don't want to upgrade to a paid subscription, you can opt out at any time during the free trial period from the FreeTime section of Settings on your Kindle Fire or Amazon Fire TV" and "You may cancel your subscription at any time from within FreeTime from the FreeTime section of Settings on your Kindle Fire or Amazon Fire TV."
If these do not help you (they only give you a starting place as to where to look) then wait for a more in-depth answer or contact amazon help directly - I find chat the quickest easiest way to get help if there is going to be anything useful
Many have been having an issue when installing the SIMS2 PETS expansion pack (EP) and Glamour Life EP. The best way to resolve this is:
1. BACK UP your game folder first (usually: users + your folder + Documents + EA Games). You want to back up the EA folder.
2. Download (do not install yet) the SIMS2 COMBO UPDATE patch at http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18988
3. If you have already had the issue (which you probably did, otherwise you would not be reading this), delete your SIMS 2 folder from the HD and the EA games folder from the location mentioned above. Yes, I know, it is painful but you saved what you needed, so stay with me.
4. Reinstall your SIMS 2 game (the base game). Run it and make sure it works fine. This will create a new EA Games folder where the old one was.
5. Now install the PETS expansion pack. If you want, start it to make sure it works fine. All should be OK.
6. Now run the Combo pack. It will scan your HD to find the SIMS folder and what you need. A window will open allowing you to select the install. Do it and install it. If you click the arrow next to the installer options you will see there are patches for all the EP's, but they will be grayed except for the one you need.
7. Install your next expansion pack and run the combo patch installer again, now selecting the appropriate pack to patch. Again, all others will be grayed except for the one you need.
8. Keep doing this with every expansion you install thereafter. What the patch does is it updates each expansion pack to make sure it works by solving issues that came up after the release and will update everything up to December 2007.
9. After you are done, copy your original saved EA Games folder back into the location you had it. You will need to hit 'replace' as SIMS will have installed a new EA Games folder in its place. It is OK, this is all your games saved data.
10. Start SIMS2 and go look for your saved game!
I think university is the first or second expansion pack. I know there are issues if the expansions are not installed in order of their release. if you have say, seasons or freetime and then install university, it may not run correctly. You have to uninstall the packs or the game and re-install them in correct order. Yes, it's a big pain but I had to do it twice.
Install the SIMS2, or double deluxe whatever you have then follow this order with exception of say nightlife if you have have double deluxe because it comes with the original game.
The Sims 2" Expansion Pack Order
"The Sims 2 University"
"The Sims 2 Nightlife" included in double deluxe
"The Sims 2 Holiday Party Pack" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Open for Business"
"The Sims 2 Family Fun" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Glamour Life" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Pets"
"The Sims 2 Happy Holiday" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Seasons"
"The Sims 2 Celebration" (A Stuff Pack) also in double deluxe
"The Sims 2 H&M" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Bon Voyage"
"The Sims 2 Teen Style" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Free Time"
"The Sims 2 Kitchen and Bath Interior Design" (A Stuff Pack)
Make sure there is no sims 2 content on your hard drive. if there are any EA folders on your comouter either in program files or in "my documents" delete them. Then try installing Double Deluxe again. Then you can install pets.
Pets is an expansion pack for the Sims 2 base game. Other expansion packs are University, Seasons, Free Time, Bon Voyage.Open for buisiness and Apartment Life...If you plan to get other expansion packs you should install them in order of their release to avoid future problems. Nightlife expansion is included with Double Deluxe.
A simple google search for sims 2 expansion packs will show you the correct order to install and descriptions of each pack and what they add to the game. Seasons lets your sims go fishing for example. They can cook the fish they catch, and also plant gardens, and experience the changing seasons from summer to winter.
This wouldn't really be a Dell problem.
I was reading some reviews on FT and AL and a number of people have complained about it being really "buggy".
It's that software that is causing the problem.
However, there are hundreds of different groups about different Sims games.
I would uninstall the Sims stuff, and explore the Sims support groups. You may also want to contact EA Games (the makes of the software, and describe your problem to them to see if they have any patches or work arounds for that install (that software on that computer). There are a number of times, that certain computers runs specific software for video drivers, or sounds drivers that conflicts with different softwares.
Once you have talked to them, and obtained any patches, then reinstall the software, and the patches, and go from there.