Question about Kitchen Ranges
Our range timer/clock will not stop beeping. I was cleaning it and it started beeping while it was on clock. I moved it to timer to stop the beeping, but after playing with it to try to get it to stop, it started beeping on clock and timer, no matter what we do. We've had to unplug it to make it stop!
Has anyone had this happen before? Is there a way to fix it? We'd rather not spend $400 on a new range.
Call the manufacturer. Chances are it's a common problem and they already know about it.
Posted on Nov 04, 2008
I CALLED TAPPAN DIRECTLY. THEY HAD ME TRIP THE BREAKERS WHICH DID NOT HELP. THEN I HAD THE GAS CO COME OUT TO MAKE SURE THERE WASN'T A GAS LEAK. THE CLOCK STOPPED BEEPING ON IT'S OWN AFTER THE SERVICE MAN MOVED THE STOVE OUT TO INSPECT IT. THE NEXT STEP WOULD HAVE BEEN TO HAVE A TAPPAN SERVICE COME OUT, BUT I GUESS I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT THE REASON WAS. HOPE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN,.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
Hi. this is referring to a Defective touch pad or clock (ERC). This will need to be corrected. Normally, you will need to, simply, replace the main control Board(ERC).
Follow this testing procedure to confirm the damage.
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2013 | Frigidaire PLCS389DC Dual Fuel (Electric...
Thanks for using FixYa. Error F3-E2 in your Whirlpool oven means oven too hot and to resolve this issue you'll have to replace the oven temp. sensor (probe). Please rate the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Oct 06, 2010 | Whirlpool GS475LEKS Gas Kitchen Range
Mar 24, 2010 | Whirlpool GR448LXPQ Electric Kitchen Range
Mar 12, 2010 | Kitchen Ranges
Nov 25, 2009 | Magic Chef CER3760 Electric Kitchen Range
Nov 08, 2007 | Dacor Epicure ERD30 Dual Fuel (Electric...
Jun 18, 2007 | Maytag MGS5770 Gas Kitchen Range
May 01, 2007 | Kenmore 91112 / 91114 / 91117 Electric...
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: