Question about GE 25GT240 25" TV

1 Answer

Tv connector cable plug slips out

The metal "screw" which keeps the male cable plug secure for plugging into the tv set is wiggly. When I plug the male cable plug (connector, is it called?) into the back of the television set, the picture ranges from total static to an exceptional reception. to get good reception the plug needs to be held in place. otherwise, the set is full of static,, and the sound is full of static.

How do I replace this "male cable plug connector" on the cable line which is secured onto the cableplate on the living room wall? Can I put a new plug one on this cable line? How do I do this? many thanks, annemarie

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 99 Answers

You need to replace your wall cable outlet. This can be purchased at any Radio Shack or Home Depot store. You will find two mounting screws , remove them and you will have access to the junction box. If the cable system was installed in the proper manner you will find a double male connector attached to the face plate by a single securing nut. Remove this nut and replace the double male connector. simple job, hope this was a help to you.

good luck----------------tomtaso

Posted on Nov 27, 2007


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is the cable not supplied with the rt151 that i need to install ,the cable plugs in the front of amp then the out audio of the tv of th

Typically, the cable would be a mini phone jack cable. The connectors would be called either 3.5 millimeter or 1/8" phone plugs. Some cables have the 1/8" jack on one end and the other end might have 2 RCA connectors. The RCA connectors are also called phono plugs. According to the specs I have found, the system has both phono jack and a mini phone jack. The cheapest solution is a 1/8" stereo male to 1/8" stereo male mini phone cable. Here is a link to a place that several types to choose from, as well as pictures:

Oct 31, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How do i set up my acer pc to work on my tv

The detail in this answer is somewhat in disproportion to the detail in your question, since I want to help you to the best of my ability. It is, however, much easier for a solution-provider to give succinct, accurate, relevant and useful answers if the customers helps the process, as much as possible, by providing as much background information as possible.

You give no specific information about either the PC's or the TV's model number or specifications and are yet to respond to the other expert's valid prompt for additional details, so I will assume that you are only interested in general non-specific advice, as that is all that I will be able to offer you because of the sparse information in your question.

If both your computer and your TV have Video Graphics Array (VGA), Digital Video Interface (DVI) or High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) ports, then you can connect the two devices with the appropriate VGA, DVI or HDMI cable.
If your TV does not have the above ports but only has Radio Corporation of America (inventor - RCA/Phono) connectors, then you can use the appropriate VGA to RCA/Phono, DVI to RCA/Phono or HDMI to RCA/Phono Adapter Cable between the TV and the PC (see images below).
Since all cable interconnections suffer from some degree or other of signal degradation os dissipation and gold is the most efficient conductor amongst the metals commonly used for cable connections, cables with gold plated connectors perform the best and therefore cost more than standard cables with connectors made with cheaper, less conductive metals. You should consider buying the best cabling that you can afford.

Once connected, if your TV has a Remote Control, press:

Menu -> Input (Signal/Device) Source -> PC -> Select/OK.

If you have no RC, then you can try using the Program or Channel selector buttons on the TV's control panel to manually select the Input Device.

When the Desktop PC is powered up, after setting up the TV as described above, the PC should send the image to the TV.

If the above information does not match the specifications of your equipment, them please post further background information here and one of the experts here will try to offer you further advice.
11_27_2011_10_20_21_pm.jpgGold Plated Male to VGA Cable

Gold Plated Male to Male HDMI Cable

11_27_2011_10_21_13_pm.jpgGold Plated Male to Male HDMI/VGA to RCA Adapter Cable

Gold Plated Male to Male DVI to RCA Adapter Cable

Gold Plated Male to Male DVI Cable

11_27_2011_10_40_02_pm.jpgStandard Male to Male DVI Cable

Nov 27, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I have a fisher price smart cycle and do not see how the wires fit onto the TV . the wires are yellow, white , red but i don't see how they fit am i missing something or some part that makes it fit?

Generally speaking, the yellow wire is for the video (the pictures and graphics on the screen), and the white and red wires are for the audio (the music and sounds for the speakers). The white wire would be for the left channel or speaker, and the red wire for the right channel or speaker. The connections for these wires are usually RCA phono plugs. These plugs have a small metal cylinder or jack in the center of the plug, and 3 squarish metal pieces surrounding the jack - the whole jack or plug looks a bit like a flower with its stamen in the middle.

These RCA jacks fit into corresponding holes or sockets on your TV that are color-coded just like the plugs are - there should be a yellow socket for the video, and a red and a white socket for the audio left and right. Most TV's have these sockets. On older TV's, there should be a yellow, red, and white set of sockets on the front or the back of the TV that the jacks from the wires you are trying to connect fit into. On newer TV's, like high-definition TV's, these sockets might also be found on the side panel of the TV.

You can check your owner's manual for your TV to see what sort of connectors/sockets it has available. Usually most TV's will have a set of RCA connectors to plug your wires into. Other types of connections include VGA, DVI, or HDMI. If you do not have any RCA connections on your TV (unlikely), then you can cheaply buy an appropriate adapter from your local electronics store or a place like Radio Shack or Wal-Mart.

Some of these adapters are called "Y-adapters," and allow you to connect all 3 of the yellow, red, and white wires, to the adapter, and then the adapter plugs into the appropriate connector on the TV, which might be a VGA connector, or even an HDMI connector. Again, check the owner's manual for your TV, and bring it with you if you need to go hunting for an adapter to connect your device.

For your reference, VGA connectors, the older type, are usually blue in color and have 9 pins for the male connector, or 9 holes, for the socket. Whether it's audio, video, electrical wiring, plumbing, or computers, the "gender" of a connection is always the same: the socket or holes end is female, the male or pins end is male.

The newer HDMI connectors are flat and have just one row of pins or holes inside a metal sheath.

So, basically, you need to figure out what sort of connections your TV has to plug into. If it has red, white, and yellow RCA phono connections, you are all set. I do hope that this has not confused you further! I do try to help, and I wish you all the best in connecting your smart cycle.

May 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

No Picture

Hi And Welcome to Fixyah,

Step 1: Install the Pinnacle Dazzle Video Creator Platinum software and make sure it works with the Dazzle DVC 100. Sometimes this is easy, other times, this is a very difficult task.

Step 2: Buy 3 RCA type Y cables. One male end, 2 female ends.

Step 3: Plug the male ends of the RCA y-connectors to the Dazzle DVC 100.

Step 4: Plug the Yellow, Red and White RCA connectors from the XBox 360 to the color matched female RCA y-connectors on the Dazzle DVC 100.

Step 5: Plug a second triple RCA connector into the other end of the color matched RCA Y Connectors.

Step 6: Plug the other end of the triple RCA connector into the TV.

May 14, 2010 | Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder

1 Answer

No video from dazzle to pc

Hi and welcome to Fixyah,

I have something that can help you with, please checked if this is the same settings.

If you follow any of the videos, it won’t work!

Step 1: Install the Pinnacle Dazzle Video Creator Platinum software and make sure it works with the Dazzle DVC 100.

Step 2: Buy 3 RCA type Y cables. One male end, 2 female ends.

Step 3: Plug the male ends of the RCA y-connectors to the Dazzle DVC 100.

Step 4: Plug the Yellow, Red and White RCA connectors from the XBox 360 to the color matched female RCA y-connectors on the Dazzle DVC 100.

Step 5: Plug a second triple RCA connector into the other end of the color matched RCA Y Connectors.

Step 6: Plug the other end of the triple RCA connector into the TV.

Step 7: The tricky part no one ever mentions: On the XBox 360 video cable, there is a switch that switches from HDTV to TV. You must switch this to TV!

Let me know what happen.

Apr 09, 2010 | Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder

1 Answer

How do you hook up regular coax cable to the TV?

You simply need an "F" connector to "Belling-Lee" converter. about $4.00. At any Radio Shack, Antenna shop. This screw onto the end of the existing antenna connection & makes it so you can plug it into the Socket at back of set.
I have included a link that has a picture.

Feb 16, 2010 | Sylvania 6842PE 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma...

1 Answer


since the DGL20 uses a PAL connector, you will need an adapter plug from PAL male-to-RF male (75 Ohm) connector. You can also try a RCA male to RF male (75 Ohm)

May 12, 2009 | Digimate DGL20 Television

2 Answers

Speaker wire to coaxial cable

Yes ! all you have to do is go to radio shack and tell them you want a coaxil to RCA adapter (screw coaxial into wallplate and plug RCA end into sub and your all set!)
Please rate answers and help keep this site FREE!
Thank You

Dec 28, 2008 | JVC SP-PW100 Subwoofer

1 Answer

Broken sayno part

Hi wingshooter,

Your son is right. the 2 screw of the male should be fasten
to the hole of the female dvi. replacing the whole part
need careful de-soldering.

However, if the shield is still there and only the hole where
to screw in the male end of the cable, you can get from
old computer discarded around. you only have to remove
the two hex screw and replace it into your DVI female.
Observe that the head of these screws are hex, six corners,
and the hole is threaded. that threaded hole is where to screw in
the screw attached to your male DVI socke

Good luck,

Oct 31, 2008 | Sanyo Televison & Video

1 Answer

Ariel connection for denon dm 31

try going to your local tv store and ask for a male to male connector it looks like this:

Dec 02, 2007 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE 25GT240 25" TV Logo

Related Topics:

105 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75169 Answers

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a GE Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides