Question about LG Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I can confirm that the iso and instructions provided here: http://alge.anart.no/~andersgo/dvd/ allowed me to set a new DN898 to Region 0. I have confirmed that it will play both NTSC in Region 1 and PAL in Region 4 without issue.
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
Hi, have you tried this? It worked on my LG player.
1. Open DVD tray
2. Press "0000" on the remote.
3. A screen will appear saying NEW REGION CODE displaying the current one.
4. Press "0" for all zones.
5. Press the "select" button on the remote.
6. Close the CD tray.
7. Power off
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
SOURCE: unlock regional code
I found the solution here.
Region code hack posted by vassmanov, March 23 2009:
Press the Pause button on your remote control. Using your remote control enter the code 3,1,4,1,5 and 9, At this point, a blue screen displays showing that you are in 'region altering mode'. Press the 0 button on your remote control for Region free. Press the Pause button on your remote control. Power off your player and wait a few seconds. Power on your player and your ready to go!
It worked for me (after a few false starts)
Posted on May 09, 2009
SOURCE: unlock region codes
i fund this by dargan and it worked for me "Def" Camino Real 3, Panama:
Region code hack posted by dargan, August 23 2008:
Same hack for DVD283 worked for DVD-277
<clipped from other post>
Region code hack posted by mhardial, January 25 2008:
DVD Regional Codes
**1** USA (incl. territories), Canada
2 Europe (Germany), Japan, South Africa
3 Southeast Asia
4 Latin America, Australia, New Zealand
5 Russia, rest of Asia and Africa
0, 255, 9 MULTI REGION
Region Code Change
NOTE: Make sure you DO NOT have a disk in the tray while performing the region code procedure
1. Open DVD Tray
2. Press the “Menu” button
3. Press 8888
4. Press the “Display” button
5. Region Code Number shows up. Use the numeric keypad to select your region code number (0 – 6).
6. Press the “Setup” button to exit.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Region code hack posted by hackaroto, December 27 2010:
1. Switch off the DVD player in to Stand By mode
2. Open the DVD tray using the remote control
3. Press "pause" in the remote
4. Enter 0, 0, 0, 0 (zero 4 times)
5. The display should indicate the regional code set in the DVD and prompts for the new regional code.
6. Enter the new regional code
7. Press Pause to exit the setup
8. Switch off the DVD using the remote and wait for a while before switching it on again.
works for other LG DV55X players
Posted on Jan 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2016 | LG Electronics - DP132 Multi-Format DVD...
Nov 02, 2014 | LG Electronics - DP132 Multi-Format DVD...
Dec 30, 2013 | LG Televison & Video
LG 3200E, LG 3520, LG 4351, LG 4721P, LG 4730, LG 4821P, LG 4950S, LG 5083, LG 5822N, LG 593W
Aug 12, 2012 | LG Televison & Video
Aug 03, 2010 | LG Televison & Video
Mar 12, 2009 | Televison & Video
Feb 21, 2009 | LG XBR446 DVD Recorder/VCR
Jan 04, 2009 | LG DP771
Nov 13, 2008 | Sony DAV-SA30 System
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: