Had same problem, answered AMOST completely by the owner's manual, which you can find here:
I recommend these steps in this order:
1. Try unplugging the base set for 30 seconds, then plugging it in again.
2. If that doesn't work, these steps come from the manual:
• Check both ends of the base telephone line cord.
• Make sure the AC adapter is plugged into the base and wall outlet.
• Disconnect the AC adapter for a few minutes, and then reconnect it.
• Remove the base ID (see "Replacing the Base Setting" on page 27) and register the handset
(see "Register the Handset to the Base" on page 50).
• Make sure that you are not too far from the base.
• If an outside call is already established, you can not be able to make another outside call.
3. If at any point you get the "Registration failed" message when inserting a phone into the cradle, try unplugging the base for 30 seconds again.
4. If your situation is like mine, you'll probably want to get new batteries, which is what started the whole problem.
Feb 19, 2008 |
Uniden DCT646-2 Cordless Phone