Question about Exercise & Fitness
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Inspect belt and deck. The deck should be smooth. The belt should have a consistent feel from side to side (a belt can be worn out without any sensory signs of a problem). If you feel deep grooves in the deck or uneven wear on the underside of the belt, part replacement is necessary. Continued use of your treadmill may damage expensive electrical components. 2. To inspect the belt and deck visually or to clean underneath the belt before applying lubricant, the belt must have the tension reduced. Loosen the tension roller by following the instructions in your owner’s manual. Do not loosen the bolts in the tension roller too far or the bolts will come out of the roller shaft. This step may not be necessary for your treadmill model or belt and deck condition. 3. Contaminants are the worst enemy of your belt and deck. Some treadmills may have an excessive accumulation of dirt and contaminants. If these are trapped during the belt lube process, significant damage will occur. If contaminant removal is necessary, loosen the belt by following step 2, lay the treadmill on its’ side, and use a nylon brush to loosen contaminants that have accumulated on the inside of the belt. Clean the deck with mineral spirits in a well-ventilated area. Allow the deck to dry before lubing or tightening the belt. 4. After completing the steps above go to your local hardware store and purchase a can of silicone spray ( Pyroil, Napa etc ) attach the nozzle and proceed to spray length wise starting at the motor shroud to 2/3 down the deck repeat the process on the other side then re-tension the belt according to you owner's manual. Start unit and proceed to walk on it if the unit shuts down again then belt and deck needs to be replaced or your in the market for a new treadmill.
Posted on Jun 30, 2010
lube the deck belt, you have deck worn, proceed in according with the instruction manual maintenance. 2) check the drive belt and replace it if necessary and tight 3) tes the input voltage motor, if there are the motor need repair or replace 4) test the output voltage from main board, for input voltage for the main motor, if there are NOT, the board is faulty.
Try if you can RUN the software calibration for diagnose and troubleshooting.
sincerely. God bless you.
Posted on May 03, 2012
adjust the REED switch, see the diagram for to do it. clean, and tight the connector very well.
God bless you
Posted on May 11, 2012
SOURCE: treadmill proform model 831.29605.0 (proform xp 550e was working fine till I Changed the walk belt. After changing belt, display looked ok but treadmiil would non trurn on. Operated incline. incline
1) i recommend that you lube very well deck belt + rollers bearing
2) see the videos.
3) see the block
4) Try to RUN the software calibration, for troubleshooting.
5) measure the input voltage motor, if there are the motor need repair.
6) Measure the output voltage board, for input voltage board, if there are NOT, the board is faulty.
Posted on Jun 28, 2012
test the main board, with the output voltage from board for input voltage motor. If there are NOT voltage the board is faulty.replace see the block diagram, how the main boad control about 80% of the machine motion.
God bless you
Posted on Oct 02, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2016 | Proform Exercise & Fitness
Jan 22, 2013 | Proform Exercise & Fitness
Sep 29, 2012 | Proform Crosswalk 395 Treadmill
Jun 27, 2012 | Proform Treadmill Motor Controller 241697
May 11, 2012 | Proform Crosswalk Ls Treadmill Walking...
May 31, 2011 | Proform Crosswalk 500 Treadmill
Nov 22, 2010 | Proform Crosswalk 500 Treadmill
Jul 30, 2010 | Weslo Pro Crosswalk 7.8 Treadmill
May 06, 2010 | Proform Crosswalk 500 Treadmill
Jun 11, 2009 | Proform 575 Crosstrainer Treadmill
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!