Question about Samsung Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Please follow the steps below to program your remote control to equipment other then your DISH receiver:
Note: If you start this procedure and at any time and do not press a button within 20 seconds, the remote will end the procedure automatically. Simply start over again. Use the TV button for your TV, the VCR button for your VCR or DVD player. These Mode buttons are located at the top of your remote control.
1. With the desired equipment on, press and hold the correct Mode button until all mode button backlights illuminate, then release.
2. Press the numbers 5-0-0 on the remote control.
3. Press the Pound (#) button on the remote.
4. Press and hold the correct Mode button until all mode button backlights illuminate, then release.
5. Press and release the Power button on the remote control.
6. Press the Up button once a second while pointing the remote at the desired equipment. If the code for the equipment comes up, the equipment will power off.
7. Press the Pound (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the remote, the mode light flashes three times.
8. To verify the code works try several different functions for that equipment.
We cannot guarantee our remotes will work all other devices. If this does not correct the issue, unfortunately our remote will not work for that device. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Lone99star. Please rate this solution.
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/jason_77a19afa8d604dee
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
You can use your own SAMSUNG remote but some of the guide options and dvr buttons may not come across. If your remote allows you to 'map' the buttons you could circumvent the issue.
Another suggestion would be the universal remote by harmony. great gadget. pricey though.
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
I am having same problem on 32 inch same problem. After playing with board with no results,I tried front buttons and found that if I held the power button in ever so slighItly as not to turn it off, it fixed problem which is the micro on/off switch, I removed the switch and used the remote and everything is back to normal, I am about to insall a used micro switch after I finish typing this but I am sure this will clear up volume problen and menu going crazy problem if not I will just leave micro switch out and use the remote, and I will get back to this board only if that micro switch still causes the problem, so if I don't post in next hour the problem is fixed and I'm more than glad to help.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2018 | Samsung Computers & Internet
on Feb 10, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 520 LCD Remote Control
on Feb 10, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
Apr 21, 2014 | LG AKB35840202 Remote Control
Jan 28, 2014 | Philips 20PT6441 20" TV
May 09, 2011 | One For All URC-4041 Remote Control
Dec 23, 2010 | RCA 20V500T 20" TV
Feb 13, 2018 | Samsung LTN226W 22 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Nov 23, 2008 | Samsung SCH-a650
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!