Error message when reading DVD
Try changing the region setting to region free.
1. Make sure there is no Disc in the tray.
2. Shut off the unit and unplug it from the AC outlet.
3. Press and Hold the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys,
simultaneously on the player and not the remote control.
4. While holding these keys, plug the AC cord back into the outlet. (TEST and CPU ver# will appear on the display)
5. Release the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys.
6. Press DVD Menu twice on the remote.
7. When the display reads s000 5858 use the up and down buttons to change the 000 to 02E.
Using the Left and Right arrow buttons, change the last four digits
until they read 0000 for Region Free, 0101 for Region 1, 0202 for
Region 2 or 0404 for Region 4.
9. Press Enter on the player.
10. Press Standby and wait 5 seconds.
Press Standby again. Your player is now set to the region you
requested. If you find some titles do not play on the region 0 setting,
you may have to hard select the appropriate region.
Good Luck. Let me know if it works
Jan 09, 2008 |
JVC XV-S300 DVD Player