Question about Bosch Water Heaters
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a Bosch confort
Your contractor understand the market there, but problems are mirrored in US also.
As evidenced by fixya.
1) Tankless cannot be exposed to more than 11 grains hard water, and require minimum water flow and water pressure or sensors will shut down burner or element.
2) For example, tankless might turn on with 2/3 gallon-per-minute water flow, but then another faucet is turned on so pressure and water flow drop, and tankless turns off. Or neighbor's water usage causes decrease in line flow, so tankless turns off. This is called 'cold water sandwich.'
3) If problem is water pressure, you can add in-line pressure tank, but root causes vary widely with more than one factor as suspect.
4) Also incoming water temperature can be a factor, along with temperature setting of unit. Most tankless are preset to 120 degrees F, which is modest temperature and certainly not very high. If tankless cannot raise temperature of incoming water fast enough, then tankless turns off. Of course water flow continues, so you get dose of cold water.
You can add simple120Volt 30 gallon tank-type electric heater as a tempering tank that pre-heats water either passively or actively: http://waterheatertimer.org/Tempering-tank.html
5) Both internal and external factors affect tankless, with bottom line that these high-tech devices are not do-it-yourself repair for most people.
6) Install DIY tank-type gas water heater and avoid the whole headache
7) In my opinion, the genius of tankless is not that they save money or energy. Because they don't.
The genius is marketing that targets a certain affluent who believe tankless save money and energy.
Add a comment for more free help.
Also take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on water heater or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Mar 23, 2011
Having problem finding one. Is there a model #?
Also what are you trying to find out? as sometime googling the problem finds a solution faster than googling manual.
Posted on Nov 25, 2015
Posted on Feb 17, 2016
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2016 | Water Water Heaters
Mar 27, 2014 | Bosch AquaStar Indoor Natural Gas Tankless...
Feb 01, 2013 | Bosch & Tankless LP Hot Water Heater
Aug 09, 2012 | Water Heaters
Sep 21, 2011 | Bosch Water Heaters AquaStar 250SXO...
Sep 21, 2011 | Water Heaters
Sep 06, 2017 | Bosch & Tankless LP Hot Water Heater
Nov 19, 2009 | Bosch & Tankless LP Hot Water Heater
Oct 04, 2009 | Bosch & Tankless LP Hot Water Heater
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: