Question about The Computers & Internet
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
As annoying as it may be, you might just have to choose the portion that is more important to you - Outlook or the Blackberry. I'm assuming it's the BB.
Since Outlook is different then Outlook Express, you would more than likely have to alter the business contact information in Outlook to make it transfer properly to the BB.
It is a database and not CSV format I'm assuming (comma separated value) format coming from Outlook, but in the process is reads it as a CSV file it seems.
Test it out by entering a dummy business contact and seeing what needs to be where to make it work on the BB.
Since it doesn't have an open source code, I doubt it can be tweaked aside from that.
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Your phone has suffered a severe software failure and may need professional attention, but you have nothing to lose by trying the following steps (courtesy of GaryCutri on blackberryforumscom.au):-
1. Download the latest firmware from carrier's website - FULL LIST
2. Install the firmware onto a PC running BlackBerry Desktop Manager. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR BLACKBERRY TO THE PC YET!
3. Open Desktop Manager > Select Applications Loader > Select Update Software > Leave the Device PIN\Password prompt on screen.
4. Connect the device and when the PIN appears (or even if it says PIN: UNKNOWN) press OK. If the PIN doesn't appear connect the device with the battery removed and when the PIN appears press OK.
5. Once the device is detected it will show you a list of the firmware to be installed. If this is only a short list select Advanced (or Options on some version) so you can see the full list of software. Ensure you select all the required components.
6. Continue through the wizard and the device will be reloaded within 45 minutes. Please ensure you do not interrupt this process.
7. Once the device is reloaded you will need to resend your BIS service books or if you are on BES (Corporate users only) you will have to reactivate the device (you will need the I.T. department to assist you with this step).
Posted on Oct 01, 2010
Sounds like a bad install on the new operating system. Since your question was posted in April, I'm assuming you have the problem solved by now, or returned the device, but for anyone else looking at this, I suggest either returning the device and exchanging it, or if you prefer to solve it with this device, then leave it on and let the battery run down. Once it is dead, try plugging the device in and powering it on, hopefully that gets you back in business. Blackberry Tech Support is also helpful, their phone number for your country should be on their website.
Posted on Aug 15, 2011
Looks like the router is in 'sleep mode', so that it is not able to process any new incoming requests. Restarting the router will make it work in most cases. But there are some cases in which the router needs to be reset and reconfigured for such problems.
Posted on Feb 06, 2012
SOURCE: connect blackberry playbook
This could happen if your router enters into a 'sleep mode'. It continues to provide services for all the connected devices. You can see the network in range(it broadcasts the network name), but you will not be able to make new connections to it.
Restarting the router may solve this problem in most of the cases, but in some cases the router needs to be reset and reconfigured from top to bottom. While doing a reset the router loses its connection with all the connected devices.
In a particular case when you have used the WPS button on the router for connecting the bluray player, then in this case the password will be changed automatically to a random one by the router and bluray-player.In such cases the default password or the password set by you earlier wont work.
you can have a look at the following link also.
Try to browse for my other tips under my profile which will help you to explore the problem.
Posted on Feb 06, 2012
Testimonial: "Thank you."
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
May 17, 2016 | RIM Blackberry Playbook with 64GB Internal...
Feb 27, 2015 | RIM Blackberry Playbook with 64GB Internal...
Feb 27, 2015 | Blackberry Cell Phones
Jul 19, 2014 | RIM Blackberry Playbook with 64GB Internal...
Jan 25, 2014 | RIM BlackBerry Cell Phones
Dec 05, 2013 | RIM BlackBerry PlayBook
Jun 19, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2012 | Blackberry PlayBook Tablets & eReaders
Apr 21, 2011 | Blackberry PlayBook Tablet PC
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: