From the Simplicity Sew Precious Model SWSP2 manual:
Inserting a new bobbin:
- Place wound bobbin into the bobbin case.
- Pull about 6 inches of thread out from the bobbin.
NOTE: Be sure that the bobbin rotates COUNTER-CLOCKWISE when thread is pulled.
- Pass the thread from the bobbin, under the bobbin case spring, and toward the back of the machine.
- Slide bobbin cover back into position.
- Turn the handwheel toward you to raise the take-up lever to its highest position.
- Lower the presser foot.
- Place a spool of thread and spool cap on the spool pin.
- Place the thread into the first thread guide at the top of the machine.
- Bring the thread down the right slot of the threading path, then around the tension dial. Push the thread tension release lever and pull the thread up so the thread is secure in the thread tension dial.
- Bring the thread up the left slot of the threading path and through the take-up lever from right to left.
- Bring the thread back down the left slot of the threading path and into the needle eye from front to back. (Clip the thread end with sharp scissors fro easier needle threading.)
Raising the bobbin thread
- Make sure the presser foot lever is raised.
- Hold the end of the needle thread with your left hand. Turn the hand wheel toward you with your right hand until the needle goes down once and comes back up, stopping when the needle is at its highest position.
- Gently pull up on the needle thread. The bobbin thread, looped around the needle thread, will be drawn up through the needle hole.
- Push the thread tension release lever and pull about six inches of both the upper and lower threads toward the back of the machine, placing them under the presser foot.
You can obtain a copy in pdf format for free at: