Question about Computers & Internet
The problem with building your own pc there are so many things that can go wrong. Aging post and no doubt you have already found the problem.
Just in case others are so inclined to "Build their Own".
1. You CAN NOT load drivers without a monitor.
To ask have you loaded the Mother boards drivers from the CD is ridiculous. Since you stated the monitor is blank.
2. Check all cable connections. Many a loose IDE or Sata cable has caused me no end of grief.
3. Check the ram. Do not care if it is brand new. Check it!
Good test is to swap the ram if you have two sticks. MAKE CERTAIN they are seated and in the manuals specified slots.
4. Crazy but this happened once to me. Leave the monitor OFF and let the machine boot up. Once you KNOW the operating system has loaded. Turn on the Monitor and hopefully it will work. If it does, load the monitor drivers from the floppy or CD. You may have to down load them.
5. Is the power supply large enough to handle what you have built?
Building your own system can be fun and a learning experience.
When everything works. When it does not..... Bigger hammer? :)
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Did you install the CD disk that comes with the motherboard? It's the motherboard DRIVER'S disk.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2012 | MSI Computers & Internet
Jul 03, 2011 | EliteGroup ECS MCP61MM3 (V10) AM3 NVIDIA...
Dec 22, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1920NX PC Desktop
Nov 28, 2009 | Biostar NF61S MICRO AM2 SE...
Aug 05, 2009 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.9 Ghz Skt Am2...
Jun 01, 2009 | AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939 Chaintech S1689...
Jan 03, 2009 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor...
Nov 04, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 18, 2008 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+, 2.4 GHz...
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!