Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

What voltage is required - Computers & Internet

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Computers & ... Master
  • 1,830 Answers

Be precise please. Voltage to what exactly?

Posted on May 12, 2017


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a dcs 1565 alarm, replaced battery but no lights or anything on keypad. Power is on

Switch off mains power and remove one of the battery terminals. Re-apply mains power. Keypad should give 3 beeps. If not, check that your AC voltage powering the alarm panel is between 16VAC and 20VAC, at the alarm panel. If this voltage is not correct, the power supply (transformer), is blown and requires replacement. If the AC voltage is correct, then measure on the alarm panel, where it says BUS R (for Red = positive), and B (for Black = negative). Voltage should be between 13 to 13.85 VDC. If there is no DC voltage present, either the alarm panel is blown, or there is a short circuit on your DC cables. Switch off the transformer again, and remove all cables from the Aux terminals on the alarm panel, as well as BUS (R). Label these wires! Switch transformer on again. Measure between BUS R (for Red = positive), and B (for Black = negative). Voltage should be between 13 to 13.85 VDC. If voltage is not present, the alarm panel is blown and requires replacement. The alarm panel does not have fuses that can be replaced. If the DC voltage is correct, wire the BUS R cables back in. Measure between BUS R and BUS B again. There may be a slight drop in DC voltage (less than half a volt), this is normal. Then go to the keypad. The keypad has a small screw on its underside. Loosen this screw completely, then pivot the keypad face upwards, until it unclips. Measure between BUS R and BUS B on the keypad. Voltage should be well over 13VDC, and close to what you measured on alarm panel. If there is no voltage present, the cable from keypad to alarm panel is damaged and requires replacement or repair. If your voltage is correct, and keypad still has no power, the keypad is faulty and requires replacement.

Dec 15, 2017 | DCS Home Security

1 Answer

Equilent for a zener diode (RD 30ESB2)

Zener diodes are invariably used as low power voltage regulators or as a voltage reference for voltage regulating circuitry.

Zener diodes are sold by wattage and reference voltage by numerous component suppliers and constructor stores and in theory the voltage is marked on them, though difficult to see and easily defaced.

Finding an equivalent for what appears to be a manufacturer's part number presents a rather difficult challenge. The official service sheet will probably provide the required voltage. Without that information you will either have to purchase the component from the manufacturer under the part number or experiment until the required value is discovered.

Mar 02, 2016 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have oval pet fountain and need a power cord replacement. Can I get one?

the cord for this looks to be a DC voltage transformer, you can buy universal voltage adapters from any good electrical store.

the voltage and amperage required should be stamped on the appliance. the VOLTAGE must be the same, the AMPERAGE must not be lower than the required AMPs you can get an adapter that is rater higher without problem, but the VOLTAGE must be the same.

Feb 16, 2016 | Whisker City Corner Pet Fountain CORNER...

1 Answer

Can you use a navman in truck with 24 volt supply

You need to meet the voltage requirements of the unit. The power charger will provide the voltage for the unit (normally around 5 - 12 volts). You will need to drop the voltage to the required operating voltage from 24 VDC. Perhaps you can use an inverter, and then just use the AC charger.

Mar 25, 2015 | Navman GPS

1 Answer

Required output voltages from an acoustic solution lcd television power supply unit

Only the original supply is going to work---schematics with voltages and wave forms are rarely available online except to a authorized service center for that brand---they want to SELL REPLACEMENT boards and not have someone fix them.

Jun 15, 2012 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

How much voltage does the air suspension relay coil require?

It requires BATTERY voltage. Minimum operating voltage is abot 10.5 volts.

Aug 03, 2011 | 2003 Lincoln Navigator

1 Answer

I'm replacing my gas furnace with a ac/heater unit that uses 240 voltage and want to know how many volts my furnace uses

If it's a 240 volt system, the maximum voltage required is 240 volts. Which would be what the furnace needs/uses to operate properly. But, I suspect what you really wanted to know is what is the amperage that's used/required. In most installations, it requires to 60 amp circuit breakers. However, yours may require less or more. Check the installation manual for more specific requirements.

Apr 04, 2011 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Replacment adaptor

Look at the old adapter if you have it. Match up the voltage requirement. and meet or exceed the current (mA) rating. also make sure it is DC if required. Any adapter that has the right voltage and current output will work. Also you can go over the voltage but like 20% ie: 12V works for 9V, and 15V works for 12V and so on. But if you go under the voltage requirement, only do so by 10 percent. And increse the current requirement proportionally. Chances are you have an old adapter around that you are not using. If you need to change the connector, the wire with the white stipe on it is usually positive. So long as you match them up you should be ok.

Dec 21, 2009 | Durabrand PDV-709

3 Answers

I'm going to Europe and wanted to know how to convert electricity so when I plug in my computer it won't fry the computer

This is a copy from the Radio Shack site. The quick answer is go to pretty much any electronic store or most travel stores and buy a Foreign Power Converter.

AC to AC Power Conversion (Foreign Voltage Converters) Purpose of Converter / Explanation of Operation AC-to-AC voltage converters, or travel converters, are designed to convert the voltage used in a foreign country to the voltage required for a particular AC device. These converters are either transformer-based or solid-state, and this affects what type of devices the converter can power. In addition to converting the power, you will often need to also use a plug adapter. Plug adapters are generally either built into the converter, or provided as separate parts. They are also sold separately, for use with multi-voltage devices that are designed to convert the power internally.
Selecting a Converter These are one of the more confusing of the power conversion devices. Because of the range of voltages, plug types and converter designs, many customers find that they need help determining exactly which converter they need. To aid in that process, we have put together a short worksheet to help you determine what type of converter is needed: We recommend that you print out thi sheet when taking a number of different devices to a different country.
First, you should determine the electrical requirements (voltage, frequency, and wattage) for the device(s) you will be taking with you. This information is generally on a label or embossed into the back or bottom of the device. Make a note of the voltage(s), frequency or frequencies, and the wattage indicated for each device.
  • The voltage may be given as either V, VAC or VDC. The standard voltage for US devices is 120 V. Devices that are designed to operate using different input voltages will be labeled, such as 110/120 V, or 120/240 V.
  • The frequency will be given in Hz. The standard frequency for US devices is 60 Hz. Devices that are designed to operate using different frequencies will be labeled, such as 50/60 Hz.
  • The wattage will be given in either watts (W) or volt-amps (VA). If the wattage is not listed on the device, you will need to contact the device's manufacturer for this information. If you have the maximum current consumption (in amps), you can calculate the wattage by multiplying the voltage (V) times the current consumption (A).
Next, you will need to know the electrical requirements for the country you are going to be visiting.
Next, you will need to compare your equipment requirements to the country's information to determine whether you need a Step-up or Step-down Voltage converter.
  • If your equipment accepts the voltage and frequency provided by the country you will be visiting, then only a Plug Adapter will be required.
  • If the voltage of the target country is higher than the voltage required by your device(s), you will need a Step-Up Voltage Converter.
  • If the voltage of the target country is lower than the voltage required by your device(s), you will need a Step-Down Voltage Converter.
Once you know what type of converter or adapter you need, consult our list of travel power conversion products to find one that meets your requirements.
  • The AC outlet in many foreign bathrooms is for low-wattage devices only. To avoid damage to your converter and/or attached device, check with your host or hotel before powering a high-wattage device (such as a hair dryer) from this plug.
  • Do not use a voltage converter with electronic devices such as televisions, VCR's and computers unless the device indicates that it can handle both 50 Hz and 60 Hz.
  • Do not use heating appliances, such as hair dryers, irons and coffee-makers, on a transformer-based voltage converter.
  • Do not use non-heating electronic devices, such as calculators, electric razors and portable audio players, on solid-state voltage converter.
  • Do not use 110-120 VAC Surge protectors or Uninterruptible Power supplies on a 220-240 VAC system. Even with a step-down power converter, damage could occur as the two power systems are wired differently.

Sep 22, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 Notebook

1 Answer

Got a 62600 dryer and the power wont come on got power to the unit

Working with live electrical current can be very hazardous. Testing voltage output requires working with electrical current. Do not attempt this measurement without the proper tools and safeguards
To measure the voltage at an electrical outlet requires the use of a multimeter. Always test your test equipment for proper operation before use.
Set the multimeter to AC voltage. The markings may appear as VAC, AC V, or a V beneath a wavy line. Choose the AC voltage closest to the voltage you will measure. Standard current in home and businesses in the USA is in the range of 110 to 120 volts. Some circuits used for equipment such as dryers, air conditioners, electric stoves, ovens and other large equipment may use voltage in the range of 220 to 240 volts. These heavy-duty circuits can be identified by their non-standard outlet plugs.
While grasping the insulated portion of the probes (never touch the metal conductor during testing) place one probe into each of the two terminals. The multimeter will display the voltage.
Carefully remove the probes, being careful not to touch the metal part of the probes to anything or each other.
The voltage should typically test in the range of 108 to 121 volts for most circuits. If voltage is higher or lower, professional electrical service may be required.

Good luck;


Dont forget to rate;

Jul 05, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

47 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14162 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides