Question about Garmin nuvi 200 Car GPS Receiver
If you registered the unit, then go to the Garmin website, login, and get your unlock code then follow the instructions below:
1) Right click your mouse on the desktop of your computer, then select "New", then select "Text Document". This will place a new text document icon on your desktop
2) Double click on the newly created Text Document icon on the desktop to open the text document window
3) Copy the above unlock code into the document.
4) Click “File”, then "Save as"
5) In the "Save as" dialogue box, change the file name to gmapprom.unl
6) Change the “Save as type” to "All files", then save the document and close it
7) You should see the file "gmapprom.unl" on your desktop as an icon
8) Right click on the gmapprom.unl file on the desktop and then select “copy”
9) Plug your Garmin device into your computer and then open “My Computer” or “Computer” This will show the devices attached to the computer
10) Double click on the Garmin or Nuvi drive to access the files on the GPS.
11) Right click on the Garmin folder and then select "paste" to past the gmapprom.unl file into the Garmin file folder.
12) Safely disconnect your Garmin device from the computer electronically before disconnecting the cable.
13) Disconnect the USB cable, then power the GPS on…..
If your unit is not registered, you can try registering it and then do the above or just give Garmin a call and they'll get you the code based on your serial number.
btw, it won't help to ask for an unlock code here as the codes are unique for each device based on serial number.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
If your GPS just starts to display the "No detailed maps found that support routing. The nuvi cannot be used without them." and you did not update your maps you should try to reset your GPS.
Do this my pressing down the lower right corner of your screen and turn on your GPS. Keep the corner pressed until you see a Yes/No dialog box asking you if you would like to reset your GPS.
Answering Yes will reset your GPS and should fix the problem if you did not try to update the map.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
my email address is ada @ ebucksmail.com.
Can u please help with my sons nuvi 200 that shows no detailed mapsfound. Thanks A Million, Ada.
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
Have you tried updating the unit at Garmin's Website?
Let me know if you need help, I can get you the right web-link if needed.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
Go to your account at garmin that you created to manage your maps.
Click Manage Maps
You should see your unit and it’s unlock codes
Copy all the unlock codes for your device
Close your internet browser
Right click on your desktop
Click new, and then click a new Text Document
Click on the newly created Text Document icon from the desktop
Type your unlock codes into the document
Click File and Save as
Change the file name to gmapprom.unl (( double check this please ))
Change the “Save as type” to "All files"
Close the document
You should see the file gmapprom.unl on your desktop
Right click on the gmapprom.unl file and then click copy
Plug your Garmin device in and then click Computer/ My Computer
Click on the nüvi drive
Right click on the Garmin folder and click paste
Safely disconnect your Garmin device from the computer
this resolves the problem for you.
Posted on May 19, 2009
SOURCE: Garmin Nuvi 200 Maps Disappeared
Contact Garmins Tech support hot Line they will walk you through the process and if they can't fix it over the phone they will send you a disk that will completely fix the "NO detailed maps found that support routing" I have contacted them with the same problem and the disc was free of charge.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 360 Bilingual GPS Navigator...
Nov 25, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Aug 14, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Jul 11, 2009 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Mar 21, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 260W GPS Receiver
Feb 28, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Feb 20, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Feb 06, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Jan 01, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: