Question about Car Audio & Video
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hi, you can release the magazine by inserting a small flat head screwdriver in the slot and pushing the lever towards the back of the unit, this will release the cd but only if ther is not one stuck in the player as it will remain halfway between the mag and the cdplayer. don't force it to comae out. remember to obviously have the dorr to the player open before you try this.
Posted on Aug 12, 2007
I had this problem on my 2001 Corvette. I took the whole thing out, took off the cover and was able to get the jammed cartridge out by carefully pulling the stuck tray out of the carriage and then removing the entire carriage. Check to make sure your individual trays are not warped. Mine continued to work without problems for about three months and then it happend again. Another thing you can do is not to load a disk in the last (#12) slot. I think it's the one that gets stuck.
Posted on Nov 11, 2009
You access the ariel via the left hand wheel arch.
1. Remove left wheel mud guard. It is held in with a bunch of press studs which can be difficult to remove. I found pulling on the plastic mud guard whilst turning the screw helped.
2. unbolt the electric ariel assembly. There is an earth strap that needs to be unscrewed as well.
You should be able to get the ariel out far enough to work on it.
3. Remove chrome plated nut to top end of mast tube.
4. With great anger and force, remove the dead ariel and drive cable from the mast.
It's difficult to get the mast to work unless it's earthed properly.
5. Get you hand inside the wall and remove the ariel face plate. Swear if you have to.
6. Put the ariel mast assembly back into the wall and hook it all up minus the new ariel.
7. Switch your radio on, then put the new ariel into the mast. Gears facing the rear of the car. Switch the radio off, it should retract. If not you may need to push it in a little further.
8. Remove the ariel mast again and slip the chrome nut to top end of mast tube and tighten securely.
9. Ask the spouse to close up whilst you have a beer.
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
good day, you may want to do it manually if its jammed, you may find a pinhole on it and u can use a paperclip, insert it in the hole and it will open. hopefully it wont jam again. hope this helps, have a nice day
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2016 | Holden Cars & Trucks
Feb 28, 2011 | Kenwood KDC-C517FM 10-Disc CD Changer
Jan 28, 2010 | Alpine CHA-1214 12-Disc CD Changer
Oct 03, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Jun 21, 2009 | iLO CA3000V CD Player
Jun 14, 2009 | iLO CA3000V CD Player
Feb 28, 2009 | Audiovox SP11CDP 10-Disc CD Changer
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!