Question about Fishing
To set the drag on the spinning reel you adjust the knob that holds the reel in place. The same knob you use to take the reel off to clean and oil. It will hold the reel in place and as you thighten it down it will increase the drag.
Posted on May 31, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If the knob is not stripped, replace the drag washers under the drag knob.
Replace key #'s 6 and 56T with 3x 6-155 carbon drag washers, available here: http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/product_info.php?products_id=7806
this will bring your drag back to better than new condition!
Here's a schematic: http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/displayimage.php?pos=-4123
Best of luck!
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
SOURCE: Is there a manual of
Hello there again i just wanted to know if you are done with the chat session we were having if so could you please give this session a rating for me so i can continue to help otherslike yourself
Best regards Mike
Posted on Dec 07, 2009
Testimonial: "This was a difficult subject and there apparently is not too much information available. I appreciate the effort. Mmorris"
What do you want to know? How to set it up for first time?
1. Spool on some line (start w/mono is not familiar w/bait casters)
2. Installl reel on a rod
3. Set the mag brake to 0
4. Tighten the Cast control nut (next to the star shaped drag control) so it's tightened all the way (don't go crazy and use a lot of force, just set it to the tightest position)
5. Tie on a 3/8 - 1/2 Oz weight or lure - Lure/weight should NOT move at all when you let it go
6. SLOWLY loosen the Cast-control nut (very slowly) until the lure/weight drops slowly about 1/2 turn of the spool
7. Set the Magnetic brake to 5
8. Go practice casting and adjust cast-control and mag brake as needed until you can go without a birdsnest, and you don't ahfve to use all the much thumb control to stop the spool at the end of the cast
9. Practice, practice, practice...
This is what I got from a Daiwa Rep at the Eastern Fishing Expo this weekend in Worcester, Ma and I'll be doing exactly these steps once it warns up enough to go our and play with the new reel and rod (Quantum Energy PT Med/Hvy (6'6").
Posted on Feb 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2018 | Fishing
on Nov 24, 2016 | Fishing
May 10, 2017 | Fishing
May 21, 2016 | Fishing
Jan 26, 2016 | Daiwa DF100A Giant Heavy Action Spinning...
Nov 19, 2015 | Fishing
Jul 20, 2015 | Daiwa Goldcast Spincast Reel Medium Heavy...
May 24, 2018 | Fishing
248 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!