My sony reader is frozen. I cvharged it
The Reader may not turn on, or it may appear to be frozen if the unit needs to be reset, the battery is completely discharged or moisture condensation has occurred.
Please perform the below mentioned steps and check whether it helps.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the Reader status after completing each step.
1. Connect the Reader to a USB connection or optional AC adapter. Allow approximately 5 min for it to turn on. If it does not turn on automatically, try to turn it on again. If it still does not turn on, continue with the rest of this procedure.
2. Perform a soft reset. Just press the RESET button using a sharp-pointed object
3. After the RESET button has been pressed, slide the POWER switch to activate the Reader again. If the Indicator light next to the power button on the Reader is yellow , the unit is attempting to start up. If this is the case, allow it a few moments to complete startup.
4. If startup did not complete, connect the Reader to the computer or optional AC adapter and perform a soft reset again.
5. Disconnect the Reader from the computer (if applicable) and then slide the POWER switch to activate the Reader. Check if the Indicator light next to the power switch on the Reader is yellow (indicating it is turning on) and if the unit is responding.
6. If the unit is not responding but Starting up... is displayed on the screen, attempt a hard reset.
7. If the unit is still frozen, connect it again to the computer or optional AC adapter and while connected, check if the Indicator light next to the power switch on the reader is red . If this light is red , allow the Reader to charge for one hour so there is sufficient charge for troubleshooting.
* If your computer goes into hibernation or sleep mode, charging will stop and the red charge indicator on the Reader will turn off.
* It is recommended to charge the Reader while you are using the computer or to adjust your sleep/hibernation settings of your computer to avoid any interruption in the charging process. You also can use the optional AC Adapter model ACS-5220E.
8. Once the Reader has sufficient charge, perform these troubleshooting steps again.
9. Under certain circumstances, moisture condensation can occur. Moisture condensation can be caused by moving the Reader between temperature extremes or if the Reader has come in direct contact with moisture. If you suspect moisture as the cause, allow the Reader to sit for a few hours before attempting to turn it back on.
General notes regarding the battery status:
* You can verify the charge status by disconnecting the Reader from the computer and checking the battery indicator. The battery indicator will display 4 black bars when it is fully charged.
* It will take approximately 4 hours to achieve a full charge with a computer. It will take approximately 2 hours to achieve a full charge with the optional AC Adapter.
If the issue still persists, service of the Reader is required. Please follow the below link to get it repaired:
Jan 20, 2010 |
Sony E-reader Portable E-book MP3 Player