Question about HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My HP 6210 printer showing an error of paper jam, but i have checked everywhere there's not a single piece of paper. Please advice/assist about this as I have so much work to be done and I am not in a situation of buying new printer.
Best Solution take off the small panel on the left side of the printer there you can see the white gears and one has a clear piece with black letters or dots on it with the panel removed look at the clear piece and try to start your printer if it does not rotate with the gear that is your problem. It is what tells the printer if the gears are moving or not. If that's the problem you have to take the printer almost all the way apart to be able to fix it.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
I understand that you are receiving Paper Jam error on the printer front panel of the All-in-one.
This issue may occur because of dirty rollers and is unable to feed the paper.
Please follow the below given instructions to resolve the issue.
Please remove the All-in-One Printer from the Power Surge Protector and plug it directly into a wall Power outlet, as the surge protector may not provide enough power to printer.
Clean the Paper feed rollers by following the below given instructions:
Here are the steps to clean the rollers :
1)Turn off the all-in-one.
2)Unplug the power cord from the back.
3)Remove the rear access door .
4)Clean the rollers one at a time using a clean cloth that is slightly dampened with clean water (preferably distilled water). Rotate the roller to clean the entire surface.
5)Verify that the three paper feed rollers on the rear access door are clean and rotate freely.
6)Reinstall the rear access door and then plug the power cord back in.
7)Turn the all-in-one back on
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.
A semi-full reset will do the following:
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models, Fax logs, Fax headers, Fax speed dial information.
If you are receiving the paper jam error on the computer, then follow the instructions from the below given article in order to resolve the issue.
Here is the web document:
Just copy and paste the entire link into the Internet browser's address bar and press enter.
Even if the issue persists, try refreshing USB composite devices to get the issue resolved.
1. Right-click My Computer (in Windows XP, click Start first), and then click Properties.
2. Select the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager.
3. Click the Plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
4. Click the USB Composite Device entry to highlight it, and then click Action and then click Uninstall. If a screen appears to confirm the deletion, confirm the deletion.
5. Disconnect the USB cable to the all-in-one, wait a couple seconds, and then reconnect the cable. This should restart Windows device detection (Plug and Play).
6. A New Hardware found screen may appear, click Next through all of the screens that appear for the Wizard to install the USB Composite Device. Click Finish once the wizard completes.
Hope the information provided will be helpfull in resolving the issue.
Posted on Jan 10, 2008
Jfasher got it spot on !
The clear wheel on mine was freewheeling and a gentle push of this wheel on to the white cog behind seemed to engage it and its working again
Posted on Feb 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 01, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
May 20, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
May 07, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 19, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 21, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 09, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 17, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
2,590 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!