Question about Dishwashers
Newly fitted and already E4 error code. Online forums say empty base pan but where is this?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Integrated dishwasher DW009,
If this is an asko dishwasher , most times this problem is caused by water getting into the base pan and setting off the float switch. Turn off the power and take the toe kick off, behind there is a pan runs under the motor and sump if there is water in it clean it out. that will take care of the problem. but you will need to watch and see if you can tell where the water came from sometimes on those unit its just from too much detergent
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
SOURCE: E 4 ERROR CODE?
Customer support 1 800 297-1023 told me that this means the base unit is defective and can't be repaired. I also was told that none of my remote units are compatable with other models.
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
I have had the same problem as most of you. I seem to have fixed it by
1. Bail out all the water from the inside
2. Remove the filter and 2 x mesh pieces.
3. Continue to bail out the water from the filter well.
4. You will probably find pieces of food or fat/debris in the bottom of the well. Remove these.
5. Tilt back the dishwasher at 45 degrees for 30 mins or so to drain and dry the flood sensor.
6. Boil a kettle and pour it down the well. Immediately put the dish washer on a eco wash (no tablets or anything) with half load (ie half water) and this will ease the water pump.
7. Let the dishwasher run its cycle.
8. Clean the filter again and the filter well.
It sounds quite long winded but with a £250 item you need to take care of it. Make sure you rinse most plates before loading in the future.
Hope this helps!!!
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
- Elevation parameters out of range
- Recalibrate it
If you want to calibrate it see the manual page no 5.
Click here to download the manual
post a comment for further assistance.
Thank you for using fixya have a nice day:-)
Posted on Sep 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2016 | Dishwashers
Aug 03, 2011 | Dishwashers
Feb 11, 2009 | LG 24 in. LDS 5811 Built-in Dishwasher
Jan 19, 2009 | Dishwashers
Jan 14, 2009 | Kenmore 17459 Free-standing Dishwasher
May 21, 2008 | Dishwashers
Jan 24, 2008 | Dishwashers
Nov 06, 2007 | Baumatic 23 in. BDW13 Built-in Dishwasher
Aug 18, 2017 | Dishwashers
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!