If only it were that simple that taking a harmless pill every day could bring miracle weight loss. But in reality, diet pills are often misused and can end up being really dangerous.
- Diet pills can help you to lose weight but can cause side effects that include;
high blood pressure
- Many diet pills sold in shops or online are not regulated by the FDA as they are sold under the label of health supplements. This lack of regulation can be very dangerous.
- Diet pills sometimes work by blocking the absorbtion of fat. This sound great but can trigger oily stools, digestive pain and other nasty side effects.
- Over use of diet pills can also cause malabsorbtion of certain vitamins. In particular A, D and E which are fat soluble. In blocking the fat absorbtion, the pills also get rid of the good vitamins too.
- Diet pills seem like a quick and easy way to lose weight but you need to read up on the subject and consult with your family doctor because there's definately a more sinister side to diet pills.
Ultimately a healthy balanced diet and exercise are the safest ways to lose excess weight.