Question about Audio Players & Recorders
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem and was able to resolve it using the procedure (listed below) from Audible technical support. It's wordy, but the long and short of it is that you need to activate the Nuvi on a PC machine, then you can use it on the Mac. To transfer files, open iTunes audiobook window, then drag your books of choice from that window to the Nuvi icon on the desktop. I had no problems using this procedure.
Thank you for contacting Audible.com. On its behalf, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience and I am most committed to satisfying and resolving your inquiry to the fullest of my abilities.
As per your email I understand that you wish to use your Garmin GPS with Audible on your Mac.
Unfortunately, the Garmin is not supported on a Mac with Audible audiobooks unless it is first activated on a Windows PC. If you have access to a Windows PC please follow the requested steps below to activate it on a PC first. Once successfully activated you will be able to use your Mac to transfer your audiobooks onto it.
If you have access to a Windows PC to activate your Garmin GPS through the Audible Manager software please do the following to get started.
Make sure Audible Manager is installed in your PC, otherwise please go to: Audible Software page ( www.audible.com/software ) and download the version for Download for Windows 2000, XP, or Vista. Select Run or Save. During this installation process, a message: "If you already own an Audible Ready mobile device, please select it from the choices below", will prompt, please select Garmin GPS Devices from the list.
If Audible Manager is already installed on your PC: Launch Audible Manager, click on Devices > Add new device. You will be asked to connect to the Internet. Click Yes to connect. From the list of devices, select the Garmin GPS Devices, and click ok.
Once installed successfully now please follow the requested steps to activate your Garmin Nuvi using the Audible Manager software.
Ensure that the device is connected to the PC and Internal Memory is selected to activate the Main Memory of your GPS. Please note you may transfer your audiobooks onto the SD card as well if you have one.
Right-click the Garmin plugin in the bottom left corner of Audible Manager ( below Mobile Devices ) and choose activate.
After entering your username and password, click ok.
Once your Garmin has been successfully activated using a Windows PC you may now use your Mac to transfer your Audible audiobooks to your Gramin.
Before you can transfer your audiobooks on to your Garmin device please follow the requested steps below to download your audiobooks.
Please log into your Audible Account, Click on My Library on the top of the page next to Home, Once you are in your online library towards your right hand side, you will find a tab called "Download It". This will start your download action from our server to your computer.
This will download the selection onto your desktop and open iTunes. If the file downloads to your desktop, double click or drag the file into the iTunes library.
Connect your Garmin device to computer.
Drag the book from iTunes onto the Garmin device.
Playing Audible Files on Garmin Nüvi
From the Main Menu after powering on the Nüvi, select Travel Kit > Audible Book Player.
You can locate the title in the Audible Book Player by clicking on the Browse button. You can search all titles, or by Genre, Author, or Narrator. Select the category you would like to search by, and select the title. Press the Play button to begin enjoying your Audible selection.
Title: Garmin Nüvi Installation
Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any information regarding the Garmin GPS being supported on a Mac in the future. However, I will be glad to forward your email address to upper management so you are notified once the Garmin GPS is supported on a Mac.
As always, I hope I have met all your needs and requests, as it has been a pleasure assisting you today. If I could be of any further assistance, or answer any further questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to do so.
I appreciate and value your business as an Audible customer.
Here at Audible, we truly value and appreciate your business; if you need further assistance, please respond to this email or if you wish, please provide me with a contact number and the best available time to reach you.
For additional questions, how to contact us and hours of operation, please visit us at: www.audible.com/contactus
Audible Customer Support
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
The link to the operating manual (which includes the Audiobook instructions) is here:
What I would do is drag and drop the Audible files from the folder that Audible creates to store your audiobooks to the Audible folder of the Sansa Clip, instead of using the Audible Manager.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
SOURCE: can't connect to DHCP server
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. . here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
7. Once your done on the internet setting, go to your wireless connection settings and you can create a wireless network name or ssid, set a security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2.
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
9. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
SOURCE: I received the following message
I report a solution from Portable player FAQ, let me know if it works:
1. Delete the title in the Overdrive Media Console program.
2. Then log into the Audiobook site at http://e.hbpl.org and click on My Account, My eItems Checked Out, and click the Download button the website to re-download the book.
3. Transfer the newly downloaded parts to your player.
Posted on Oct 27, 2009
the drivers should be installed in windows 7 by default, their so called "smart wizard" has some compatibility issues with windows 7, I get it to load up and it will shut down or glitch out. What I did was uninstall the downloaded driver and use the default windows drivers, flipped the switch off to my built in G wifi adapter and the netgear automatically kicked in and took over as the default wireless adapter.
Posted on Feb 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2014 | Apple iPod touch
Step 2: Import AA files to the program.
Load AA files by clicking 'Add Video' button on upper left of Daniusoft DRM Converter interface - choose file type as '*.aa' to add files into the software.
Step 3: Set output format.
Choose "MP3 (MPEG Layer-3)" on the output format window, and select the output folder to save the file to after it has been converted. Additionally, if you hope for higher output quality, Daniusoft DRM Converter allows you to set "Bit Rate, Sample Rate, Encoder, Channel " for your tracks via "Setting" option.
Step 4: After finishing the three steps above, click
"Start" button, A progress bar will show the status of the conversion.
When the conversion is complete, the file is in opened format MP3..
Now you can own the AA sound tracks forever and you can feel free to enjoy your Audible Audiobooks on such as Sony walkman, Zune(HD), PSP(go), Creative Zen, Sansa Fuze, Android phone(Nexus one, Droid(X/2)), HTC Phone(HTC EVO/Desire/HD2/HD7) .
Overdrive audio wma to mp3 ' wma to iTunes ' iTunes to Windows media player ' remove drm from wmv ' iplayer ripper ' remove drm from itunes 10 ' itunes to droid ' Transfer itunes music to htc evo 4g ' wmv to ipod touch 4g ' drm removal ' convert m4p to mp3 ' amazon video on demand ipad ' remove drm from itunes ' remove drm from nokia music store ' m4v to droid ' iTunes to galaxy s tab ' sync iTunes to walkman
on Oct 29, 2010 | Cell Phones
May 04, 2011 | Google Chrome
Apr 03, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 03, 2011 | Sylvania G-Netbook
Feb 09, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...
Oct 17, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Jul 21, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 15, 2008 | Apple iPod classic MP3 Player
Feb 05, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!