Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
For Canon ip1000 and ip1600, maybe others
1. remove cartridges
2. unplug AC power
3. hold power button and plug AC power (keep holding power button.
4. press resume 4 times
The waste ink counter should be reset by now
Posted on Nov 30, 2007
SOURCE: waste ink absorber
This is the ink counter reset instructions:
1. Service mode: Menu->Scan->Copy->Scan( one at a time in sequence)
2.Select "test mode"
3.Select "(8) ETC
4.Select "(4) EEPROM CLEAR
5.Select "(1) INK COUNT
6. press the OK button
7. Press the STOP/RESET button(returns you to the TEST MODE sub-menu
8. Press the ON/OFF button (which resets the printer).
There you go.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Not easy for most people to replace or clean ink pads, but this will reset
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button.
(Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button.
(Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
(Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
You need to reset the waste ink counter. The printer doesn't know that you have replaced or cleaned the pads you need to tell it.
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Hope that helps, if it does please rate my solution.
Posted on Nov 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2016 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 07, 2016 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 11, 2013 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Jul 19, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jul 15, 2012 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 09, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
There are two possible ways to remove the error from your printer. First is to actually clean the absorber pads that are full of waste ink. The second is to reset the printer to clear the error and let the printer print again.
Clean the two absorber pads. There are actually two absorber pads located on the right side of the printer, under the ink cartridges when the carrier is in the home position.
Accessing the pads and remove them for cleaning?
Turn on the printer. Lift the top cover to expose the ink cartridges. As soon as you lift up the cover the cartridge carrier will move away from its home base. Then the pads will be exposed. It will be a dirty job so be prepared with your tweezers and extra cloth for some ink spillage. Using the tweezers, lift up the pads sitting on the rubber retainer. The pads can be easily clean by placing them under running water. Use warm water to remove the ink from the pads. Dry the pads and reinstall them. Same procedure if you are installing new pads.
However, the problem will not be solve especially if you are currently facing the waste ink absorber full error or E-27.
Reset Waste Ink Counter Canon Pixma MP210 and Canon Pixma MP220
1. Start with printer off
2. Press and hold resume Button (triangle in the circle) and click "Power" button. green led should be on
3. hold the Power button, release Resume Button.
4. Without releasing the Power Button, double click "Resume" button and then release Both Buttons.
5. Click "Resume" for four times then click "Power" button, to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber).
6. Turn off the printer and turn on again
Please rate this solution. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks.
May 30, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Jul 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 17, 2018 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
220 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!