Question about Garden
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
carb needs a good cleaning and a rebuild kit put in. the kit can be pricey but well worth the cost if you can do it yourself(not that bad of a job)...good luck
Posted on Apr 10, 2010
SOURCE: I have a Poulan Pro
Here are step-by-step instructions:
1. Place tractor safely on a level surface - that is clear and open - with engine off and parking brake set.
2. Disengage transmission by placing freewheel control in freewheeling position.
3. Sitting in the tractor seat, start engine. After the engine is running, move throttle control to slow position. With motion control lever in neutral (N) position, slowly disengage clutch/brake pedal.
4. (CAUTION: At any time, during step 4, there may be movement of the drive wheels.) Move motion control lever to full forward position and hold for five (5) seconds. Move lever to full reverse position and hold for five (5) seconds. Repeat this procedure three (3) times.
5. Move motion control lever to neutral (N) position. Shutoff engine and set parking brake.
6. Engage transmission by placing freewheel control in engaged position.
7. Sitting in the tractor seat, start engine. After the engine is running, move throttle control to half (1/2) speed. With motion control lever in neutral (N) position, slowly disengage clutch/brake pedal.
8. Slowly move motion control lever forward, after the tractor moves approximately five (5) feet, slowly move motion control lever to reverse position. After the tractor moves approximately five (5) feet return the motion control lever to the neutral (N) position. Repeat this procedure with the motion control lever three (3) times.
Your transmission is now purged and now ready for normal operation.
Posted on Jun 09, 2011
John Deere Sabre 1438, 1542, 1642, 1646 Lawn Tractor Service Technical Manual TM-GX10238 * - Download Documents / eBooks
hello arthur, john deere does not post manuals on line,this is all i could find or see your local dealer,hope this helps..
Posted on Feb 20, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2014 | Garden
Aug 07, 2014 | Garden
Aug 07, 2014 | Garden
Jul 07, 2012 | John Deere Garden
May 11, 2012 | Garden
Feb 18, 2012 | John Deere Garden
Apr 09, 2010 | John Deere 420,1020,2010,2020,2510,2520...
Apr 02, 2010 | John Deere 420,1020,2010,2020,2510,2520...
Aug 31, 2009 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!